Color Code - deck and interior liner 322 - 302

Jul 15, 2014
Oday 322 Freeport, Bahamas
Attached is the color code for our deck and non-skid as well as interior liner.
Take the code to any Home Depot - in the picture you'll see a small dot next to the can top -
that's a drop of paint on a small section of hull liner and it's a perfect match.
It's a BEHR paint and they'll make you an 8 ounce sample can for $4.87
I took exterior latex semi gloss because I knew I'd step into oil paint before it dried (just like I get 5200 everywhere).

Attachments

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Many thanks, The Tanqueray. This will end my fruitless, expensive attempts to match the color by trial and error.

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
You guys are saying you can use regular exterior paint on the boat deck with good results? I would wonder how it stands up..

Jan 2, 2017
I’m just touching up small spots - dings from prior owner, not me :) - but I don’t see why exterior house paint shouldn’t stand up pretty well.

Jan 2, 2017
The Tanqueray, is this for the non-skid surfaces? If so, shouldn’t the finish be matte rather than semi-gloss?

Feb 5, 2015
O'Day 302 Ottawa
I have a lot of touch ups to do and have been puzzling about how to develop a matching paint formula for deck and hull. How did you go about getting the formula? I could take a piece of the deck, say the emergency rudder access cover, to HD and have them scan and analyze it.

Jan 2, 2017
I could take a piece of the deck, say the emergency rudder access cover, to HD and have them scan and analyze it.
That’s the best way. The Tanqueray did that; I used the formula he posted, but had to have HD reproduce it in matte finish (rather than his semi-gloss) for the non-skid surfaces. It matched perfectly.
For the other surfaces you’ll want to get semi or full gloss.
Good luck.

Nov 6, 2013
ODay 34fl pompano beach
I thought I would need some kind of marine something or other fiberglass paint.

Dec 28, 2015
O'DAY 322 Bridgeport CT
You can upload a color match APP to your smart phone from HD or others and get the formula that way too?

Jan 2, 2017
so this code should match my exterior deck color?
Well it matches in matte finish the non-skid on my 322. As long as you’re not doing large areas, exterior house paint is fine.