Cold enough for ya.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Hi all,
When I was quite young and earning my keep there was a particularly old gent that would always start the morning routine by asking "Cold enough for ya"? Well I never thought much about it but today I finally got a reply. "Move south old man, move south".
Walked in the surf yesterday and made mental notes on sea conditions as the cold ice and snow blasts through the mid-atlantic states. A lot of folks here are waiting for the next window to cross the stream and it should be soon. There are still some empty moorings so if you're thinking its "Cold enough", c'mon down.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
:)Well, on the south coast of Texas, this morning, ,on Matagorda Bay, it's a sunny 39 degrees. And yeah, that That's plenty cold enough for me!!!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Very pretty image of your chilly mountain home. But Phil said the photo contest is closed. So I can not vote for your entry... bummer.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Snow is fun if you have the toys and time to enjoy it! Colorado skiing is about 14 hours away :(

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
... Walked in the surf yesterday and made mental notes on sea conditions as the cold ice and snow blasts through the mid-atlantic states. ... if you're thinking its "Cold enough", c'mon down.
Oh, Shaddap.:shhh: As you'll recall, the song is "White Christmas", not "Bright Christmas". Glad you are enjoying it, all the same. No snow in Annapolis this time.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Hi all,
When I was quite young and earning my keep there was a particularly old gent that would always start the morning routine by asking "Cold enough for ya"? Well I never thought much about it but today I finally got a reply. "Move south old man, move south".
Walked in the surf yesterday and made mental notes on sea conditions as the cold ice and snow blasts through the mid-atlantic states. A lot of folks here are waiting for the next window to cross the stream and it should be soon. There are still some empty moorings so if you're thinking its "Cold enough", c'mon down.
You are evil;)

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Yep 43 and rain here. I can't wait for enough mountain snow for snowshoeing or cross country skiing. Then I won't be able to wait for spring.

Ken

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Did I hear you say your looking for crew?

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
Tell me about it! It was a brisk 76F here the other morning. I know, right! Brrrrrr!

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
Snow is fun if you have the toys and time to enjoy it! Colorado skiing is about 14 hours away :(
And that’s where it’s going to stay - about 24 hours away, by air!

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
There is nothing like fireworks to warm up a cold night. We had our Holiday on the Harbor event last weekend in Rockport Maine. The lobstermen are still fishing this season despite skim ice on the harbor most days. It's been very cold but that's winter for you.
Xmas 2018 3.jpg