Cockpit teak

Sep 3, 2013
bennetau first 310 stockton
The teak slats on the cockpit seats of my first 310 need replacing. Anybody out there have some ideas on ways to do this, other than paying the big bucks ordering through bennetau? Thinking there must be some good options...
Thanks!

reworb

Apr 22, 2011
Beneteau 311 Ft Myers Beach
I have a 311 that the previous owner varnished the teak on the cockpit seats (I'm not sure that it's the same as the First series materiel). Maintaining varnish in the Florida sun is challenging especially if you're the worst painter and varnisher in the world as I am. I had a company put SeaDek in a teak pattern over the the teak. Looks nice and is softer to sit on. I can post some some pictures later on today if you would like.

Last edited:

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
There is a product that is a synthetic teak available in different shades that can be custom cut to fit the seat depressions. One brand is called PlasTeak, and there are others. I have seen applications on power boats but have not used it or priced it. I would think advantages would be non warping, lowmaintenance, and DIY installation.
Others may be ableto comment based on experience.

Jun 25, 2017
Bristol 24 Forked River, NJ
Is there something similar to ATEK - similar strength as wood but resin/plastic based?

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Forgot name but there is also a product that is cork with rubber. Real nice stuff

Jun 25, 2017
Bristol 24 Forked River, NJ
Sorry - I meant AZEK - https://azek.com/ I got some at Home Depot to replace some rotted wood trim. Cuts, sands, can be routed, and takes paint like wood.