Cockpit speakers and anchorage noise

Discussion in 'Ask All Sailors' started by Phil Herring, Feb 11, 2019. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore

Joined Oct 19, 2017
    4,591 posts, 2,534 likes
    O'Day 19
    US Littleton, NH
    [​IMG]

-Will ("survivalist", Dragonfly)

2. DanC

DanC

Joined Nov 19, 2014
    4 posts, 4 likes
    Oday 222
    US Lake Somerville, TX
    The morning of my wedding day I went hunting with my fiance and she killed her first deer ever, a white tail doe. Then for lunch we went into Ingram, TX and saw the Kerr County Justice of the Peace and got married. We then went back to the ranch and she got her first buck, a little six point Sika, because she thinks they're handsome. So I went hunting in the morning with my fiance and hunting that afternoon with my wife, which is a story not many people can tell. I did lose a good rifle in the deal. My 6mm Remington is now hers. And I'm now forced to go deer hunting for my anniversary every year. (Head-slap, the things I do for my wife!) She calls it grocery shopping with a rifle.
    Kat Whitetail.jpg Kat Sika.jpg

3. Justin_NSA

Justin_NSA

Joined Jul 7, 2004
    5,566 posts, 1,171 likes
    Hunter 30T
    US Cheney, KS
    I have to ask, Dan. What are you doing on St Valentine's Day? :)

Will Gilmore likes this.
  4. Misfits

Misfits

Joined Apr 14, 2009
    612 posts, 63 likes
    Sabre 28
    US NH
    I have no cockpit speakers on the boat but I do have a jukebox in the salon. I try to be respectful around others however when a really good song is on, all bets are off. LOL-former powerboater.

Another boater near me last season had a Silent Wind generator. Couldn't even hear it & no I was listening to tunes:)

5. Kermit

Kermit

Joined Jul 31, 2010
    5,228 posts, 2,555 likes
    Hunter 260
    US Lake Murray Sailing Club, SC
    Whatever he wants. Seriously. With her by his side, he’ll be happy doing ANYTHING.

Will Gilmore likes this.

Gray ports and parts
The most popular port on boats built from the 70s into the 90s.
NEW rigid hatch covers
Hatch protection like never before. Tough, secure, installs in seconds.
Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
Merriman pedestal control head
Finally, an aluminum replacement for this YS Merriman part.