Cockpit radio removal

Nov 19, 2009
Hunter 45CC Ft Pierce and Abaco Bahamas
After taking the faceplate off the cockpit radio (in the companionway) of the Hunter 45CC, has anyone removed the radio that can tell me how to do it? See picture

Ron
843CC37C-F3A1-4B45-B12A-7BCB2D0061E3.jpeg

Feb 8, 2007
Catalina 36 MKII Pensacola Beach, FL
I would suggest you google the radio brand/ model number to find the manual.
I had a radio with a removable faceplate, before, and the radio slid into a housing (which you probably also have). It needed to thin blades (which came with the radio) to be inserted on each side of the radio to remove it from the housing.
I'll bet yours is similar.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
There's a tool sold with new radios that you slip into the space between the radio and the metal DIN cage that traps the radio.
You may be able to get a thin piece of sheet metal into there, but I'd first google up some youtubes to get an idea of the shape of the tool, and how to manipulate it.

Nov 19, 2009
I would suggest you google the radio brand/ model number to find the manual.
I had a radio with a removable faceplate, before, and the radio slid into a housing (which you probably also have). It needed to thin blades (which came with the radio) to be inserted on each side of the radio to remove it from the housing.
I'll bet yours is similar.
Thanks I’ll do that. The radio is available on various sites.

Nov 19, 2009
There's a tool sold with new radios that you slip into the space between the radio and the metal DIN cage that traps the radio.
You may be able to get a thin piece of sheet metal into there, but I'd first google up some youtubes to get an idea of the shape of the tool, and how to manipulate it.
Thanks I searched YouTube and watched a video and it looks pretty straight forward. And I’ll order the tools

Oct 27, 2016
Seattle
And now a word from the sponsor...
Replacement in-deck solar panel

Finally, a drop-in replacement for the in-deck solar panel on Hunters built from the early 90s through the mid-2000s. Improved for longer life and greater output.
See the product