Cockpit cushion snaps

Apr 13, 2015
Catalina 309 Port Charlotte
Enjoying the new boat! But wondering, each of the cockpit cushions has a little strap with snap on the underside. But there's nothing to snap them on to. What are they supposed to snap to!

Thanks, Dave

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
Enjoying the new boat! But wondering, each of the cockpit cushions has a little strap with snap on the underside. But there's nothing to snap them on to. What are they supposed to snap to!

Thanks, Dave
The cushions were obviously built with the option to snap them down so they dont slide around, but evidently no one has installed the snap bases on the boat... its a simple process with "screw in" snaps, a drill and a screwdriver.

Jun 4, 2009
Catalina 309 Swantown Marina Olympia, WA
Dave, I have the same cushions on my C309 but I have never put in the snaps and they stayed put over the last 9 yrs of sailing. The only cushion you might want to snap down would be the helm cushion since you might bump it over the stern when you stand up at the helm. Congrats for your new boat you should enjoy many days with the C309

Bob

Jun 4, 2009
Catalina 309 Swantown Marina Olympia, WA
Dave, I forgot to tell you that I did put the snaps on the rail seats as they tend to blow off during a good breeze.