Coast 250 - power sailor from UK. S

Bosman

Oct 24, 2010
Solina 27 Wabamun, Alberta
I am not into power sailors. Not my cup of tea. With that in mind, I run onto this new boat out of UK - Coast 250 by Swallow Yachts. I have to say it is surprisingly refreshing and not bad looking at all. The company must have been following closely the demise of MacGregor/Tatoo line and at the same time acknowledged their success in terms of number of units sold. On the other hand, they seemed to follow the latest trends in styling cues of modern sailboats. Put it together and voila. Is it going to be a great idea and seller? Time will tell.

http://swallowyachts.com/range/coast-250-new/
Basic specs:
Hull Length: 24' 10" (7.57m)
Length Waterline 24' 10" (7.57m)
Beam: 8' 4" (2.54m)
Estimated weight: 1300kg - 2860 lbs
Lead keel weight: 300kg - 660 lbs
Draught keel up: 1' 4" (400mm)
Draught keel down: 6' 1" (1.85m)
Sail Area: 307sqft (28.6sqm)
Engine: 9.9hp - 70hp 4 stroke
Fuel Max 3 x 25 litres
RCD category C

Bosman

Oct 24, 2010
How do I edit title? There is an S that should not be there....

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
What is cost. Shipping would be expensive. Who would you go to for warranty and warranty reimbursement. I would be careful if no dealer network.

Bosman

Oct 24, 2010
I did not find pricing, but I was not looking. Based on dimensions, this boat *should* fit in a sea-can, so shipping cost will be reasonable (considering anything sailing related is expensive and it is not an inexpensive hobby).
I feel that considering declining sales of sailboats world-wide, a model with a dealer network will not work, without driving the cost of a boat through the roof (hence killing the sales). If Swallow is serious, they would ensure time and again quality materials, quality production/assembly and rigorous control throughout the manufacturing process.