Clutch Throttle Control Retrofit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2004
- - MB/SD
The throttle cable on my ’79 C30 has seized. Unfortunately the linkage needs to be replaced as well. Has anyone ever moved the lever controls from their original location near the cockpit floor to the helm wheel? I have located the Edison retro controls but I would like some installation detail before I tackle the project. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jax

Jun 7, 2004
- - MB/SD
The throttle cable on my ’79 C30 has seized. Unfortunately the linkage needs to be replaced as well. Has anyone ever moved the lever controls from their original location near the cockpit floor to the helm wheel? I have located the Edison retro controls but I would like some installation detail before I tackle the project. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jax

Jun 2, 2004
Catalina 30 long beach
controls....

Jax, Please let me know how this move goes. I just finished moving the gage panel up and this is next on my todo list.

Jun 2, 2004
Catalina 30 long beach
controls....

Jax, Please let me know how this move goes. I just finished moving the gage panel up and this is next on my todo list.

Jun 2, 2004
Catalina 30 long beach
moving controls

jax.... Let me know how it goes, I just finished moving the control panel up, and the controls are next on my todo list.

Jun 2, 2004
Catalina 30 long beach
moving controls

jax.... Let me know how it goes, I just finished moving the control panel up, and the controls are next on my todo list.

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 400 MkII Noank, CT
Contact Edson

Jax, I'd suggest contacting Edson. They are super helpful, and probably have the complete procedure on file, along with the parts you'd need. If you have the wheel installed already I think the hardest part is done. Couple of new cables and brackets and handles and you're there!

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 400 MkII Noank, CT
Contact Edson

Jax, I'd suggest contacting Edson. They are super helpful, and probably have the complete procedure on file, along with the parts you'd need. If you have the wheel installed already I think the hardest part is done. Couple of new cables and brackets and handles and you're there!

K

Kent

Edson

Edsonmarine.com is the web site. You can find it all there or call very helpful people.

K

Kent

Edson

Edsonmarine.com is the web site. You can find it all there or call very helpful people.

R

Ron

Moving Controls

Hi Jax and Bobcat, I moved my cables last year. Not really a big deal. Edson has all the parts required, see lnk. I used kit #870ST (page 38). I have a 81 Catalina with a 5411 Universal engine. There is a step by step guide you can use located on the Edson site to help you install the new cables. The biggest problem I found was with the throttle cable. If you connect the cable to the existing throttle attachment on the engine, your new throttle lever will have to pull BACK not forward to advance the power. I ran the cable around the front of the engine and had a new throttle backet made up to allow the lever to move forward when you advanced the power etc. See attached photo of new bracket. Have fun, it took me a weekend and a couple of beer to figure it out but I love now, and the best part is NO MORE SKINED ANKLES.

R

Ron

Moving Controls

Hi Jax and Bobcat, I moved my cables last year. Not really a big deal. Edson has all the parts required, see lnk. I used kit #870ST (page 38). I have a 81 Catalina with a 5411 Universal engine. There is a step by step guide you can use located on the Edson site to help you install the new cables. The biggest problem I found was with the throttle cable. If you connect the cable to the existing throttle attachment on the engine, your new throttle lever will have to pull BACK not forward to advance the power. I ran the cable around the front of the engine and had a new throttle backet made up to allow the lever to move forward when you advanced the power etc. See attached photo of new bracket. Have fun, it took me a weekend and a couple of beer to figure it out but I love now, and the best part is NO MORE SKINED ANKLES.

R

Ron

Moving Control Cables

Hi All, A bit more info. My new throttle cable runs along the port side of the engine and crosses the front of the engine towards starboard, and is secured to a bracket that I made up. The bracket is held in place using the top alt. bolt. (see photo) Holiday wishes to all.

R

Ron

Moving Control Cables

Hi All, A bit more info. My new throttle cable runs along the port side of the engine and crosses the front of the engine towards starboard, and is secured to a bracket that I made up. The bracket is held in place using the top alt. bolt. (see photo) Holiday wishes to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.