Clearwater, FL

Apr 16, 2017
Federation NCC-1701 Riverside
When i first moved to the area a few years back i thought it would be cool on some February late morning to be spontaneous to drive over the bay to clearwater beach and jog along the shore.

If you are local...you just unleased a maniacal lol.

I sat 20 minutes on the causeway after a 40 minute drive, drove another 20 minutes looking for a parking spot that wasnt $20 gave up and parked at marina on east of causeway by library. Jogged the bridge and back.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
If you are local...you just unleased a maniacal lol.
Even in my day when there was a population of 65,000, that was kind of a bad idea. Now there's what, 165,000 people? Oh, Google says 114,000, not so bad after all. Well, 6500 in Littleton and we are the metropolice that has a Walmart. Monroe, our next door neighbor, has less than 800 people.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
I actually had my Hobie out this past weekend on a lake in NC. I ran down and passed a kid on a jet ski..... hahaha... you should have seen the look of bewilderment on the kid's face.
Probably similar to the look on my face when a Marstrom-32 passed the twin engine photo boat I was running.

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
...There's a sunken sailboat with its mast sticking up out of the water in the cove next to the Residence Inn we're at. What gives around here?
We usually have a few of them around my area too. I'd say that 90% of the boats on docks, lifts & mornings in my area get used less than 1 time per month on average. Some of them don't even get checked that often. As a result, some of them go down & don't get noticed by the owner for a while.

I find that after a sailboat has been on the bottom for about a month, it becomes a great source of bait fish. I consider the local derelict sunken boats to be a handy fishing resource. Every 6 or 8 months, the county seems to scrape up the money to get them all removed. They try to then bill back the boat owners if they can find them.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Here in Louisiana, we call it "Being I the 90's"
we have 90 days of 90+ degrees and 90% humidity!
But it is only from April to October. Except for that and the two weeks of winter the weather is great.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
We got closure on the sunken sailboat. The bartender at the hotel said it sank in the September hurricane. The owner assumed it would be safe on the bayside. The bartender said all of the water was sucked out f the bay and came back in. Plus lots of rain!
We got to watch 3 guys refloat her and tow her off yesterday. See if you can identify it. I have no idea what it is. I have a good zoom and I can get in pretty close.

DSCN0319.JPG DSCN0316.JPG DSCN0313.JPG DSCN0310.JPG

Attachments

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
"Capital/Gulf smaller version was a 29 - could be a redecked version of the Newport 28 hull."

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I can't imagine that this boat is restorable after 8-9 months in salt water. I understand that the locals have been screaming to get it removed. Imagine coming in after dark and not beeing able to see it.