Cleaning

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
Hi Sailors, this should be an easy question. I am having trouble cleaning the white plastic Table in the cockpit of my B37. I have tried a few different products but they have not done the job. The suggestions for the Head and tanks were great, the CP and tank cleaner worked better than any product I tried. Thanks!

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
I keep a spray bottle of simple green handy and if that doesn't work alone I add BonAmi.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
what's the table stained with? Sometimes, I soak my plastic cutting boards in Oxi-Clean overnight. Clears them right up. My glass top stove gets heavy carbon build-up and I use Soft Scrub. Lay wet paper towels on top to hold the Soft Scrub and water against the stains, cover with plastic wrap to keep it from evaporating overnight and the next day, it just wipes up.

- Will (Dragonfly)

ToddS

Sep 11, 2017
Beneteau 373 Cape Cod
I've used Bar Keeper's Friend on some stains (mixed with a little water to make a paste)... but be careful, as it is somewhat abrasive, so I wouldn't scrub/rub it too hard on plastic/fiberglass/paint where you might remove the shine. It's good for removing rust/oxidation stains though.

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
OK, The table is a cutting board type material, so I will try some of your suggestions. Thanks, Richard

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Is it starboard and starboard is hard to clean but try one heavy bleach soft scrub and if nothing
works use light sand paper until clean than. Final very fine sand paper.
Nick

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Thanks everyone! The Mr. Clean Magic eraser ouytside is the winner! It worked great, my table is very white now. also the life lines look new. Thanks Mr. Clean!
As with any abrasive cleaner, be careful as to where you use it. This magical piece of melamine foam, is basically a very fine expensive piece of sandpaper with an equivalent grit ranging from 800 to 5000 depending on how wet it is and how hard you press.