Christened our Aye Pod today ;)

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
I liked the old name (Mosey) of our newly acquired V17 ok, but it was kind of like marrying the gal of your dreams.... and she keeps her maiden name :what: . We've had the V17 out 5 days so far, and absolutely love it for our day sailer, so it was time to put a ring on her finger. Aye Pod seems to fit in so many ways. Yes she's like a tiny house that makes music for us ;) .

P1050509.jpg

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Great name!
How big is that motor? You had a 4 horse Evinrude earlier.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Nice! That's one pun boat name that I really like. Looks like a great boat for over-nighters.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Great name!
How big is that motor? You had a 4 horse Evinrude earlier.
That's the 4hp deluxe that we normally use on our M25. I do have a good running 4hp Evinrude short shaft for the V17 that I love for it's light weight, but it's the version without a trans. start it and you're off. no neutral or reverse, so it can get "exciting" when trying to dock in high or unfavorable direction winds (the times one really needs to have good control) :yikes: I prefer to sail in/out whenever possible, but two of the lakes we sail at often have strong winds blowing straight in to the end of the dock and sometimes heavy power boat traffic to boot, so better safe than...... not. ;)

Last edited: