CHERUBINI 33' 1079 ORIGINAL NAV. EQUIPMENT.

Sep 9, 2016
Hunter 33' New Smyrna Beach Fl.
MY HUNTER 33 IS IN THE PROCESS OF A PARTIAL REBUILD. I AM TWEAKING THE ENGINE, AND PUTTING IN NEW GAUGES. THE BASIC NAV. EQUIPMENT, WIND DIRECTION, HULL SPEED, AND BOTTOM FINDER ARE ALL BAD. DON'T NEED THE FIRST TWO BUT REALLY NEED THE BOTTOM FINDER. THERE IS AN OLD TRANSDUCER STILL IN PLACE. CAN I USE IT? HATE TO HAUL OUT TO PUT IN A NEW ONE. NOT SURE ABOUT A THROUGH HULL TRANSDUCER. I'VE BEEN TOLD THEY ARE NOT NEARLY AS GOOD.. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS? I'M IN NEW SMYRNA BEACH FLORIDA, JUST A LITTLE SOUTH OF DAYTONA BEACH. BOB

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Bob.
One idea, I wanted an Autopilot so installed an EV100 raymarine and learned that Raymarine makes an analog to Seatalk converter which can use the old transducer and display it on the new i70 mfd. I installing the iTc-5 as soon as I get the backbone cord to attach the converter. Hopefully delivered by end of July for sail in August. Will let you know how it turns out.

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
My 84 h27 has its original Airmar thru-hull transducer that I was able to hook up to a newer Ray Marine nav display. The original display was a Datamarine. When you decide on what type of display to install, ask the manufacturer if the old transducer will work. If you are planning on a new autopilot system, I would wait and see how Jssailum's works out. That would eliminate having an extra display instrument.