cherubini 30 1976

Jun 30, 2019
Hunter 30 Lake guntersville
This is my first sailboat is there a manufactured bimini or do I need to have one built

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome @Desertrc1 to the forum. Congrats on your new to you Sailboat. Pictures are always enjoyed.

The best fitting Bimini’s are often individual designed to your boat. You may find one that fits your boat from this website in the store area. Send a message to @Dave Groshong he may be able to help.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Welcome. My advice is to walk your docks and talk to folks. See what works and doesn't. e.g. we love the size of ours but it isn't retractable. If/when we ever have to replace it due to wear, I will try to make sure we can close and cover it when we leave. 2 reasons: we don't always need the protection. Covering it will extend the life.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Firstly: Do you have the bimini frame? If not than you will need to have one built. POs frequently change the location of and/or add winches, cleats, other hardware. A frame would probably need to be tailor made to your boat but you get a say in design, location, etc. Go for SS and not aluminum.
Secondly: Once you have the frame set up or if you already have that, then, yes, talk to others at your marina for recommendations on a canvas shop. They will build a bimini to fit the frame and add other features you desire such as zippers for easy on/off, holes for the backstay, etc.
Forging a good working relationship with a reputable canvas shop is worth its' weight in gold.
My canvas guy built me a bimini out of Sunbrella over fifteen years ago and takes care of the restitching every three years or so at a discounted rate ( he recently just did all the restitching for $85.) This bimini sits in the Fl. sun 10 months out of the year and still looks like new. I do take care of it, however giving it a good cleaning every year when I take it off in Jan. and Feb. and giving it a good soaking with a water repellent.
Get good quality and don't skimp on $$ for this. Your enjoyment will be greatly enhanced especially during the summer months or when the rain comes.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.