Centerboard 240 difficulty with Waveform's boat

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I
Hunter240 CB.jpg

I enlargened this photo for all to see. Waveform advised this was a 1/2 line and if you see closely it is obvious it is chafing between the roller and the top of the mast step. In addition, I see where the rounded hole edge there appears to be burrs. He has since replaced the line with a 3/8 line per owners manual. I looked and sure enough it says 3/8 line for the cascade or centerboard line referenced as line 1. Line 2 is 5/16.

If you have a 240, 260 or 270 manual,
BE AWARE THAT THIS IS INCORRECT AND LINE 1 SHOULD BE 7/16 LINE AND THE LINE 2 SHOULD BE 3/8. If you will look at the 26, 23.5 and 19 they are 7/16 and 3/8. All the boats use the same line. When looking at the 26 it calls for 7/16 and 3/8 lines and is the same rig as on the 260.

First I have asked Waveform to rethread the 7/16 line to see if it flows smoothly over the roller as he put 3/8and if there any burrs where I think I am seeing some, to file that down smoothly.

@caverun and others who own 240 Hunters. Can you advise which holes those pins in the centerboard go thru? I apologize but want to be sure. Thank you in advance.

Waveform advised the centerboard weighed 122 pounds which seemed high. To be sure, I have asked him to contact Bob Walker at Foss Foam/New Rudder in Florida for the correct weight as it may have water in it. Not sure but trying to cover all bases.

I will be out of state leaving tomorrow to help with a 260 so it will be Wednesday before I get back and in the meantime, Waveform will be monitoring. @waveform please take a closer photo of the way the 3/8 inch line is tied to the head of the centerboard as I am trying to cover all bases.

Also look at the page 41A in owners manual for deck layout for the centerboard line as there are two turning blocks and two padeyes for mechanical advantage.

This has me stumped

Dave.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
I think Crazy Dave meant 7/16" line, not 11/16". 7/16" is a little smaller than the 1/2" line shown above that he says is too large. But he will respond to clear this up I'm sure.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@caverun

Thank you for catching that mistake for me and is now corrected. I have been driving for hours to help a fellow Hunter owner out of state. Got to get back to driving.