Catalina Rendezvous May 4-7 Roche Harbor

Nov 18, 2013
Catalina 310 Campbell River
Reminder for the dates... May 4-7.
Roche Harbor Marina, San Juan Island
Points to note:
If you have signed up then you need not contact the marina
until after you dock. They usually have a dock registration official come to your boat after you tie up.
There will be lots of dock help for your docking.
We will be on the guest dock, closest to the shore by the hotel. You will see the white tent. We have the entire end of the dock reserved, so pick a slip and back in. Lots of depth on the shore side.
The marina supplies a party tent or two with heat, garbage, and 4-5 gas bbqs, chairs, and tables. This tent is where you register for the Rendezvous.
Other Roche Harbor amenities:
Fine dining at Hotel De Haro, reservations are a good idea.
Cafe at the top of the dock.
Grocery store
Spa
Clothing shopping upstairs over grocery.
Fuel
Pump out for holding tanks
Showers (6 quarters = 5? minutes)
San Juan Distillery (about 1.5 mile walk)
Mausoleum visit, about a mile walk
Art Sculpture Park (VERY worthy), 1/2 mile from dock
There is a Gift Exchange held after the Saturday night dock pot luck. Bring a gift and get a gift. Keep it under $20 or so UNLESS you have too much money. See Ken Fischer on Solaria. Email ksfischer@mac.com with questions on this.
There is a Decorated Tender Contest. Judged by your peers. Head Judge is Don Paget of Tehillah. You pick your own theme and decor. Register at main registration in Party Tent Central. Email donaldpaget@gmail.com with questions.This was a fun contest with lots of thought put into the decor by contestants last year.
There is registration for getting your boat inspected for free by the Coast Guard Auxiliaryon Saturday. If you pass, USA boats get a sticker, Canadian boats get the satisfaction of knowing they are doing it right. Sign up at the registration desk in the Main Tent or send an email to Count.Ferrari@gmail.com to get in line first.
We will have Ulman Sails representative, Vincent Townrow, available on the dock on Friday to come to your boat and check your sails. Sign Up for a time slot and consult, pick his brain, or see if he knows how fix your rating....
Ready to show off the boat? What Projects?
Send in your latest project for the next UPdate.
EX: Jah Mon is refinishing the salon table,

Weekend Agenda:
Thursday:
Arrive, register for various events (see above) at Main Tent.
Prepare for Appy Hour at 4:30. Bring a snack and beverage to Main Tent and be social.
Friday:
Boat visitsduring the entire event! Show off your boat and check out others.
10:00 AM. Customs and Border Patrol presentation v 2.0, by Officer Jim Specht. High marks based on last years remarks from attendees!
12:00 PM
Confidence at the Helm: Boating workshop for Women
with Sonia Hurt aboard Comocean (C-42)
Ladies, grab your sunscreen and your life vest and join me on a voyage of confidence and skill building. Never been at the helm? No problem. In this supportive setting you can learn to steer, drive in reverse, maneuver in tight quarters and dock. Past participants and their husbands will tell you how rewarding and fun this experience was for the ladies. Join me, weather permitting, for a couple of hours on my boat, Comocean, and sail into your future at the helm. We leave the dock at noon.
12:00 Disc Golf Outing. Spare discs are available. Local knowledge provided by Count Ferrari, approximately a 3 hour hike.
Prepare for Appy Hourat 4:30. Bring a snack and beverage to Main Tent and be social.
Saturday:
Boat visits during the entire event! Show off your boat and check out others.
USCG Auxilary inspectionsstarting in the morning. This is a great idea, be sure and sign up for this free safety inspection. (Send an email to

6:30 PM
Pot Luck Dinner and gift exchange: in Main Tent
Sunday:
Depart when ready to continue your cruise or head for home!
LIST of Attendees by boat name as of March 6, 2017
Check to see if your boat is listed and let me know if my list is incorrect. The Count counted 35 registered so far. There is plenty of room for more to attend so let other Catalina owners know about this.
Boat Name
Tehillah, Jah Mon, Elara, Mocha, Line Aqavit, Zephyr, Peace, Ursa Minor, Galiander
Aerie, Whisper, It's About Time, Seabird, White Tara, Comocean, Second Wind
Gailforce, Je Taime, Invitation II, Hadley, Tiny Bubbles, Paloma, Zephyr, Mahalo
Slow Dancer, Sutlej, Satarie, Naukati, Escape, Camelot, Solaria, Tillikum
Sail Mocean, Aquavit, Patience, Archimedes

vetch

Dec 3, 2011
Prout Manta 38 St. Augustine
If I'm not working I'll defiantly be there. Is there anything required for preregistration?

Nov 18, 2013
Catalina 310 Campbell River
Catalina Rendezvous for May 4-7 April UPdate 2017
Things to consider:

1. Sign up for a Q/A session with Vince Townrow on board your boat, Ullman Sails on Friday.

2. Sign up for an Auxiliary Coast Guard inspection (NC) on Saturday. Get a sticker and be safe at the same time!

3. Prepare your dinghy for the Decorated Tender Contest on Saturday.

4. Pot Luck on Saturday night, Appy Hours (lighter fare) on Thursday and Friday nights. Bring a snack or dish to share on the dock. There are 3-4 large BBQs available at our party tent courtesy of Roche Harbor.

5. Bring a gift/get a gift door prize exchange, see Ken and Rita on Solaria (C-42) with this.

6. Report to me on various projects you are doing on your boat to get ready! I know you have to. Boats just require this and will surprise all of us with the amount of prep it takes just to get out and enjoy our Salish Sea.

eg.... Jah Mon will feature a freshly refinished salon table, hull and deck cleaning/waxing, freshly oiled shower grates, new spare halyard, leaky hot water tank fixed, bilge dried out for now, mast boot resealed, and I am sure something else soon.

Attendees by boat name listed below: Ask others to join in last minute if they can. There is plenty of room on the dock.

The Count counted 35 registered so far, I hope all of you and more can attend the shin-dig!