Catalina 36 davits ?

Nov 9, 2009
Catalina 22 Carrabelle Fl
Would like to install dingy davits on our Catalina 36 1994 walk thru transom. Does anyone know of a brand that can be installed eaisly ? For 10 ft Avon with 5 hp engin. We could go to 8 ft dingy, but the 10 ft will plan with 2 of us with the 5 hp.
Thanks , Peter Carrabelle Fl

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I have Martek on my Mk1. You may have to go with a tower to get true walk under davits.

Les

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Stu. Did you mean Catalina36.org?? The c36ia was blocked by my browser as being “bad”

Les

Jun 23, 2013
Beneteau 373 Newport
my recommendation is look at Gauhauer.
I have been very satisfied with their products and their knowledge in working with you to get the correct product for your needs and desires.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
I second the motion for Garhauer. I have a Garhauer rigid boom-vang and one of their folding outboard hoists. Nothing they make is 'light duty' and I as far pricing goes they are more than fair for the quality you get. Give them a call and ask for Mark, he does the stainless fabrication work. Hopefully they already notes on the C-36 walk-thru transom, so measurements and/or drawings won't be a problem.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Yes, you're right, I'm wrong again!
My Dad always told me that the only ones that didn't make mistakes were the the ones who didn't do anything: and that's a mistake in itself!
Nice to be a doer!

May 10, 2008
Catalina 355 Boston
Just put Garhauer Davits on my C355. Since the boat is a relatively new design, I worked with Mark to get the setup I wanted. Exchanged drawings, pictures etc. Came out exactly as I wanted and the price/quality can't be beat...Good luck!