Catalina 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick

C36 Genoa Track

I didn't know that two (inboard and outboard) genoa tracks were a factory option on the C36.

C

Chris Hyland

outboard tracks standard

The outboard genoa tracks are standard on the C36.

B

Bill

go here for pictures..............

A Seattle area dealer has posted 146 pictures of the 350 on their website, go to www.ays.com and follow the link to "new boats" and then to the 350. I'm planning to go and see one in the LA area in August so that I can decide between it and the C36MKII.......this is a tough decision!

B

Bill

Building on what Tom of Stamford wrote....

Main Berth--Advantage 350, but if I had my druthers, I'd get rid of the "Master Bedroom" and settle for a comfortable forward berth with a little standing room and move the head further forward thereby minimizing its intrusion into the salon and making room for maybe a larger or L shaped setee. It seems from the floor plan and pictures to be a large but somewhat "unsociable" place. The 36 does have the best salon of any boat in it's class! Maybe what I'll do if I choose the 350 is to ditch the factory table and get a fold-downtable like the 36's and mount it to the bulkhead. With the table out of the way, the 350's salon could be a very roomy place. Galley--Advantage 350. In plan, the 36's galley looks great but that whole aft counter in unusable as a workspace because of the overhang of the cockpit, it's only good for sticking something there whereas the frig door on the 350 and the headroom above opens up the whole aft counter for working on. Also, as one who is planning to live aboard and who eats a lot of frozen meals, the 350's separate freezer is a welcome addition. Aft cabin--Advantage 350, Ever see the aft cabin on a 36?, there's only 16" of space between the mattress and the cockpit floor. If you put a real mattress in there and happen to turn on your side, you could get stuck. Also, there's this funny "tab" on the berth that would be better as floor space

B

Bob Roth

Dinette Table: 350

There are two standard dinette tables on the 350. They can very easily be interchanged or both be stowed in a storage areea built to accomdate them in the aft cabin, thereby opening up the entire main salon. You could have one heck of a party on the 350. Heck if I buy, you are all invited for sure. If you leave the smaller table up full time, there is still so much main cabin space on the 350. Much more volume than on the 36. I was on the 350 then the 42. It "feels" like there is about the same or even more volume on the 350. I like space.. no clutter you get it on the 350. I know what you mean regarding the head intruding into the main cabin. But the head and shower are just so nice and then there's the double spring bed in the forward cabin. For a live aboard, I say leave it as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.