Catalina 350?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gk

ordered

have a catalina 350 ordered. can't wait. have a 270 and decided on 350 instead of 34 or 36

T

Tom

gk, what made you decide on the 350?

Have you been on one yet?....were you able to see one before the public does? I am not sure I would buy any boat until I at least sat on it and walked around on it There looks like 1 or 2 features that are nice though from the brochures......looks like I am going to play hooky on thursday and go down to AC

G

gk

ordered why?

i have only talked to salesperson about the boat and seen all the imformation. i know i can change my mind if it is not what we want. it seems to have a lot of the features we were looking for in a boat that we could stay the weekend on. if anyone sees the 350 please resond and tell me what you think

T

Tom

I saw the Catalina 350 Yesterday and it quite a

few new features that were very nice! I hate to say this and a few that I would like to have on my Cat 36MKII a) Huge refrigerator with seperate freezer compartment with hinged lock-opening top doors WITH a Front opening lower refregerator door that opens like at home (This is one of my favorite features) b)Nice Enclosed shower in head (This is my 2nd favorite feature) c) Huge! Cockpit lazerrete...(you could put 6 Cuban refuges in there...I'm not kidding!) d) Storage hatches enclosures in steps on swim platform (like the 380 and bigger boats) e) Electric Macerating head (very easy and can use less water) f) Electric Winches (maybe somebody cares - I don't) g) Jib winches further back so its easier to reach from helm h) Cockpit table (get this) with BEAUTIFUL teak table sides i) Dingy engine motor mount....Already built into stern pushpit! j) Beefier 2 anchor roller on bow k) Single Hot and Cold water manifold for distribution of fresh water (makes it very easy to isolate leaks and winterize system) l) Obvously front berth is innerspring mattress and walk around m) Rear berth is innerspring and roomier (higher over head under cockpit) n) More standing room?....It seem higher in salon. o) Single Lever operated faucet for water as opposed to 2 handles for hot/cold p) Piano hinged lid for quick access to engine Now obviuosly they had to change somethings that I like on the 36MKII. 1)No real Main Salon Cabinet storage door on walls like the 36 which has 4.....It turns out they can be the most used places to put things. 2)Plus I REALLY like putting the main salon table up and getting all that extra room. Flow and openess of C36 is still the best set-up out there. 3)The 350 does not have a rail attached traveller which could be used for SO many things not including cleating to for spring line, etc. (unless because this is Hull #1 they didn't have time to do it)... 4) C350 is much higher off the water which would create more windage....I hate to say this but it reminds me of the way Hunters have been going. 5) The C36 still has better room for more people in the main Salon (another feature I like) 6) The C350 is very beamy (and high) I wonder how she will be beating into heavy winds and waves Its still to be seen how the C350 sails....the C36 is still very nice in that category (we are still sailing these boats right?). Really the things I like about the C350 is not the boat as much as some of the systems that have been updated. And if I wanted to I guess I could upgrade those systems on my own boat. C350 Price ----- Just about EXACTLY the same as C36MKII

S

Stanley J. Rogacevicz

Cake and Eat it Too - Nope.

Tom, You can't have your pinched stern with a 2' overhang and expect a lot of room back there. Your top 3 and one other likes about the c350 are all due to the beam and carrying it back and to the waterline. The lazzerette on a c320 is as large or larger than a c36. The fridge is larger on a c320 than a c36. There is more rooom over the aft berth in a c320 all for the same reason - width, because they can sink the same size berth lower. I think the c36 is best set up in the range, and if I could afford one I would, so don't take this as a put down. Ya just can't get that stuff in 35 or 36 feet without the beam. If you want to stay skinny you'll have to go to 40' and not in a Catalina. Maybe the old c38 not c380? Stan "Christy Leigh" c320 #656

J

John J

350 Pictures?

When the 310 came out, someone was nice enough to use their digital camera and post the pictures. Any chances we could get this for the 350?

P

Paul

Catalina 35 info and layout

Found this on a Brokers webpage... http://www2.yachtworld.com/boats/view_more_boat.cgi?company=rsyachts

Status
Not open for further replies.