Catalina 27 Window and trim seals

Oct 31, 2017
Balboa 26 26 114 Port Huron
Has anyone used this kit for the Catalina 27? Aluminum Window Reseal Kit C-25, C-27 from the Catalina Direct website

Does anyone know the aluminum U channel width for the side windows and the U channel width for the one right next to it in the aluminum 2 piece window frame?

vetch

Dec 3, 2011
Prout Manta 38 St. Augustine
I've used the seal kit. The instructions were poor and surprisingly there was scant data online. I couldn't find any U-tube videos about it. and very little online instructions. This guys site was the best I could find.

http://www.chipford.com/windows_2.htm

It went together fairly well. I would do whichever window has a simpler cross section first to learn. The big deviation I did was the use of butyl caulk in a tube to seal the frame to the boat.

https://www.amazon.com/Permatite-Butyl-Sealant-Degree-Temperature/dp/B00BPH5ZHK

I resealed 2 windows over the summer and so far it's holding good.

Oct 31, 2017
Balboa 26 26 114 Port Huron
Thanks for the reply.
I have a1972 Balboa 26 that I am trying to redo the windows on. I found a Catalina owner near me that had purchased the Catalina window kit from Catalina Direct and had 2 - 18' sections of the "extruded vinyl window molding for the frame inside the boat" left over after redoing the windows on his Catalina. I went over to his house this past weekend and found out that the "extruded vinyl window molding for the frame inside the boat" was an exact fit for the aluminum 2 piece frame on my Balboa 26. He was happy to sell me both sections. Now I am working on finding some "extruded "U" shaped vinyl glazing channel fits between the the original 3/16" thick glazing and the aluminum frame"

vetch

Dec 3, 2011
Prout Manta 38 St. Augustine
When I redid the windows on my A-21 (same manufacturer as your Balboa) I just used tons of silicone in that space. It worked but it was hard to keep it neat.

For questions specific to Coastal Recreation boats I would look at the Aquarius yahoo group. They are very active and have lots of knowledgeable guys over there.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I used half a kit when doing the port side windows on my C36. My glass was thinner than the kit anticipated so lots of sealant went in the glass channel. I did use the Dow 795(??) that came with the kit to seal the windows to the boat -- the only trick here is to make sure the bead of silicon hits the boat and not the window cutout -- the cutouts were fairly sloppy so make sure you apply the silicon towards the outside of the flange...

Les