Catalina 25 structural question

Feb 17, 2013
Catalina 30 Pensacola, FL
I just purchased a 1980 Catalina 25. There are two areas under the port side settee (forward seat) that have had some areas removed. One at the forward bulkhead along the hull line to the outside. The other at the aft portion of the seat toward the center. By the way the woven roving is shaped it appears there was something formed there other than just a flat surface.

Does anyone have info on what or why anyone would do this?

Photos are attached below (I think).
Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

Feb 17, 2013
Stu,
Thanks for the response. Although this 25 is not a Capri I'll check with them. Ya never know where the answer will come from.
Regards,
Chris

Jun 16, 2014
Catalina 25 Muskegon Michigan
That's about where my pump out runs through on my 79. it was a soft hose, i replaced mine with ridged pvc but maybe someone had problems getting it through the origib al hole and expanded it. it wasnt easy to get the pvc through and i can't see it being easier with a flexible house

Feb 17, 2013
Hard to believe but, it appears that there was never a bilge pump on this boat. No indication that any hoses for an overboard discharge were run other than for the galley sink.

Also, when I purchased it there was a portapotty installed. There could have been a permanent head with holding tank at one time. However, there are no deck fittings for a pump out. There are no holes in the 'landing' or bulkhead where the toilet would have been mounted.

Have kind of forgotten about it. Will take another look and maybe it will come to me.

Thanks for the suggestions and input.