Catalina 22 vs. Capri 22?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martin Fortessi

What's the difference between the Catalina 22 and the Catalina Capri 22?

G

The Capri is more of a racing boat in the sense

that it has less "living" space below and fewer creature comforts. The hulls are basically the same. The cockpit on the Capri is longer.

B

Brad Williams

Contrary to the previous message....

the hulls are fairly different. As the post suggests, the capri is more of the racing boat, the Cat a cruising boat. There are better accomodations below in the Cat (for cooking, sleeping, etc) while the capri is the more spaceous of the two above decks -- cockpit is larger, and the hull is appreciably wider with walkways along topsides -- these allow crew more freedom in movement, access to sails, etc. Depending on what you really want the boat for, one would be preferable over the other, but you can't really go wrong owning either boat. Good Sailing, Brad

B

Brad Williams

Whoa, let me correct myself

I guess if one is looking at the Cat 22 Mark 2, the capri isn't wider.....in fact, the Mark 2 is wider by a couple of inches. The Capri, however, is 6" wider than the traditional Cat 22. because of the shape of the cabins, the capri looks much wider than that. Brad

S

Steve W.

both are great boats and fun to sail. Personally,

I hate the cockpit traveler in the Capri 22..always seemed to be in the way and hard on the shins. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with either boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.