Registered users don't see ads

Catalina 22 Purchase - Interior Condition;Furler Question

Discussion in 'Catalina 22' started by robcooper0767, May 31, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Leeward Rail

Leeward Rail

Joined Mar 20, 2015
    1,371 posts, 249 likes
    Catalina 22 New Style
    CA SHYC, Lake Winnipeg
    Are you willing to drive north over the border to pick one up and tow it back ?
    The currency exchange rate would help you.

If so which provinces would you be willing to drive to ?
    There's a 87 wing keel that would be asking $2700 in Ontario

2. Leeward Rail

Leeward Rail

Joined Mar 20, 2015
    1,371 posts, 249 likes
    Catalina 22 New Style
    CA SHYC, Lake Winnipeg
    I doubt you'd be the only guy. LOL
    You should have seen the number of ice fishermen on the lake this past winter. For some reason it was a bumper crop of trophy sized fish.
    In the summer, the lakes are full of fishing fans from the USA.(Though you may not notice, because we weight them down so they stay on the bottom,if they catch too many fish. ;) )

3. robcooper0767

robcooper0767

Joined Sep 27, 2013
    36 posts, 2 likes
    Pearson 30 (sold in 2015)
    US Upper Chesapeake
    I'm open to going up to Canada, absolutely!. I think I may have seen this one on one of the searches I did. Not sure, but does it not have a motor or a trailer? Trying to remember. Can you send me a link? ...Do you know if there are any crossing the border with a new boat issues?
    Thanks!!

4. robcooper0767

robcooper0767

Joined Sep 27, 2013
    36 posts, 2 likes
    US Upper Chesapeake
    Is it this one? The description isn't bad...I think I went past it because:
    I don't see a mention of a trailer and the photos say "not the actual boat" but mine looks just like it.......Makes me wonder if the interior is a problem (stained bulkheads, etc)???
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sailboat/ki...rd/1350458751?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

If you have a lead on how to contact the guy or gal, let me know!
    THanks

5. Leeward Rail

Leeward Rail

Joined Mar 20, 2015
    1,371 posts, 249 likes
    Catalina 22 New Style
    CA SHYC, Lake Winnipeg
    yeah that is it. use the "contact poster" fields at the side of that page and it sends an anonymized email to him/her.

6. robcooper0767

robcooper0767

Joined Sep 27, 2013
    36 posts, 2 likes
    US Upper Chesapeake
    As I mentioned to LR, I got a response back from the owner in Kingston, and he promised some photos back on 5 June, but haven't seen anything from him since then. LR's reminder prompted me to reach out to him again on whether the boat was still available and about the photos.....I've been crazy busy so it got placed on the back burner anyway!!! Thanks LR for reminding me! Have to wait until it slows down a bit to re-energize the search.

Thank for all of your recommendations. I contacted the owner of the boat I was interested in, and basically said things like all the folks here were saying to me. Doing the work is not the issue, as everyone on this forum knows....it sometimes comes down to the real killer....TIME!!! We expect $$$ outgoing, or we wouldn't be buying a boat :)

I'll keep you all posted and look forward to seeing any boats that you come across.

Rob

Gray Enterprises port gasket
Stop winter leaks. Compare our price!
Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Flexible steel chafe pads
Innovative new product made of flexible, laser cut stainless steel. Must see!
Noflex Sewage Treatment
Treat sludge and odor problems in holding tanks.