Catalina 22 Buyer's Guide

Apr 21, 2015
Catalina 22 Sport #15582 Indianapolis
A Catalina 22 Buyer's Guide is now available at www.catalina22.org to help educate new Catalina 22 buyers on what to look for, and questions to ask, when shopping around to buy a used Catalina 22. A Catalina 22 value estimation tool is also posted to help provide a ballpark estimate of the value of a used Catalina 22.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
What software do you recommend for opening the .xls file? My computer doesn't have whatever it takes.

Apr 21, 2015
Catalina 22 Sport #15582 Indianapolis
The *.xls file is Excel. Excel is used so that you can perform an input and see how costs change.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
clever spreadsheet/value calculator....value of my "old" boat went up considerably (from purchase price)....useful tool when selling or buying...

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
clever spreadsheet/value calculator....value of my "old" boat went up considerably (from purchase price)....useful tool when selling or buying...
I'll definitely never get back HALF of my investment. :(

Seriously though. Carlotta and I have talked about this more than once. If we add up the days and nights we have spent on our C22, having the absolute time of our lives ... and then compare that to an equal number of days and nights in some waterfront hotel, cruise ship, spa, whatever ... our little yacht has already paid for herself. It's all gravy now, and we have no plans of ever selling her anyway. ;)

Jul 13, 2015
Catalina 22 #2552 2252 Kennewick, WA
Nice resource-- love the fact that I can input what I have without adding up all the receipts to get there :) I'm solidly in Gene's camp: Cost of a catalina 22 ? whatever you can afford-- Cost of the joy it gives you back over it's lifetime: Priceless

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
"Seriously though. Carlotta and I have talked about this more than once. If we add up the days and nights we have spent on our C22, having the absolute time of our lives ... and then compare that to an equal number of days and nights in some waterfront hotel, cruise ship, spa, whatever ... our little yacht has already paid for herself. It's all gravy now, and we have no plans of ever selling her anyway. ;)"

That's the way I look at it too. Boats are probably the best money I've ever spent.

greg_m

May 23, 2017
Catalina Jaguar 22 Simons Town
"Seriously though. Carlotta and I have talked about this more than once. If we add up the days and nights we have spent on our C22, having the absolute time of our lives ... and then compare that to an equal number of days and nights in some waterfront hotel, cruise ship, spa, whatever ... our little yacht has already paid for herself. It's all gravy now, and we have no plans of ever selling her anyway. ;)"

That's the way I look at it too. Boats are probably the best money I've ever spent.
Well, then I'm going to continue plugging away at restoring my old boat!