Cat 30 Fuel hoses

Jun 2, 2004
Catalina 30 MKIII TR Roosevelt Lake, AZ
My Cat 30 MKIII is two hours away. I'm having a leaking fuel tank repaired and forgot to measure the fuel hoses when I pulled the tank. Does anyone know the size of the fuel hose and how long the run is from the tank to the engine? By the way, a very, very tiny hole developed in a poor weld on the forward, port, lower corner that slowly dripped fuel into the bilge. Thanks, Tim.

Jun 2, 2004
All: I successfully changed out the hoses. For the record, the inside diameter of the Main fuel line is 3/8th inch. The Return line I.D. is 1/4 inch. The length required is between 9 - 10 feet to be safe. Thanks

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
What about the "leak"? Did you mean that you pulled the tank to fix it -- or that (another) leak developed after you reinstalled it?

Jun 2, 2004
My apologies for the late reply. I pulled the tank and took it in for repairs to a metal craft shop in Tucson. The MKIII is fatter back there and the tank came out easily. The shop found three, very tiny pinhole leaks on the forward, lower seam where you would expect to find them....in the lowest spot. They cleaned out the tank, repaired the pinhole leaks with welds on the outside and pressure tested the tank. They did not speculate as to why the leaks developed but, the inside of the tank was clean when they opened it up. I cleaned the bilge of sludge from below the tank all the way past the stuffing box to below the oil pan. Diesel fuel smell is finally gone!!