Capri 18 w/o Hull ID - Help??

Bart49

Feb 12, 2019
Capri. Erickson 18. 25 Kansas
I recently bought a Capri18 and it does not have a hull id any place I have looked.
Not on either side of transom and no indication it was removed. Fiberglass shows no signs of alteration. Looked along rub rail, cockpit and inside cabin and can not find anything.
I bought it with a bill of sale that did not have the id on it.
It did have a KS registration at one time but the last two letters cannot be read.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Jun 29, 2016
Catalina Capri 14.2 NORFOLK
I have a 1990 Capri 14.2. My Hull ID was hand scratched on the outer starboard side of the transom, just below the rub rail. It literally looks like someone took a sharp knife and etched in some random numbers and letters. I didn't recognize it as the Hull ID number the first few months I had the boat.

Feb 21, 2019
Catalina 22 Madison In.
My Catalina 22 if like the above description, sharply and thinly stamped but looks like pointed knife carved. Was impossible to find or see until i cleaned the area well and then used a pencil to side to side rubb it all out and if filled in the #'s to make them visable. mine is tight up against the rubrail on the stern right rear corner as should be yours !!!

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Same here on my cat 22, was very thin scratched in and only visible when i enhanced with blue sharpie pen. Very close to being covered up by rub rail, actually had a wood plate covering it up bolted on below it. Trimmed the board to make it more visible.
HIN on stern (3).jpg