Can’t stay logged in on iphone...

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I have iphone 7 or something like that. I can’t even leave a page to do something else without having to re- log in upon return. I don’t have this on my Mac Book Air. I have the stay logged in check box checked on the phone. Any ideas?

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Yikes. I’ll have to check on that. I’m using Safari. I don’t know what version.
I did look at the private browsing issue by tapping on the ?pages? Icon and found that I am in the private browsing mode. When I tap on that private button all the pages disappear. If I tap again they re-appear. So I gather that if I’m in private browsing I can see recently visited pages ( And stay logged in). But in public mode those pages are hidden and I have to log in alot. Is that it? Thanks for your reply.

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
Yes - other way round. In private mode every time you leave the page or app you will need to log in again as no information is saved. In public mode it should save your log in credentials etc and saves your history within your sessions.

Tapping the private browsing button should toggle you between private and public modes - if you try to select a new tab in the menu it should tell you if it’s a new private or public tab.