Calling all iPhone users

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
What has just happen to the Apple world as best I can tell...

Apple just changed the way it networking and file protocol behave since 1989.
My best guess is someone nearly hit them with a virus[in the news BTW]. There was a rapid Apple response and for the first time in my 25 yrs of Apple experience, Apple forced an iOS update of High Sierra in less than 12 hours.:yikes:
_____
That app cleaner for iPhone and iPad was recommend by Apple.;)

In talking directly to an Senior Apple support team for about 10 day[back and forth], trying to resolve my business networking problem. I hit a very "sore" point with them. They stammered a bit on a certain point I made. They said it was against Apple's policy to reveal how to do a special "disk function". Later in a direct phone call he said.. "web search how".

Apple's change has to do with Hacking internet/intranet protocols. So they really pushing changing to the newest system, not from greed because I have a very large iMac 2009 that will upgrade to current iOS, free. In fact all my Apple devices > 2006 will update, free.
_____
I am sure this more info that you wanted to know.
Jim...

PS: Unfortunately with the iOS upgrade, most apps have been forced to follow. Slow but sure upgrading is going on now.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
WOW! I have a theory that the more stress in your life the shorter your lifespan.
Sooooo
Cigarettes, beer, coffee, pizza and (new to the list) no "smart" phone. Can't see what is so interesting to look at while walking down the street that could not wait till I got home.
I'd love to hear what youall use your phones for while away from the house.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
WTF??? I just checked my iPad and that app is missing now:yikes:
Jim...
This press release from Apple with regards to their latest iOS release...

"There is nothing wrong with your Apple device. Do not attempt to adjust the settings. We are controlling everything. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the device, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. Sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your Apple device. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... iOS."

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Brian, if you really loved her you would not be so stingy with her data plan! 1 GB? Harsh.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
@Gunni, I piggy back off of her corporate discount and only get 300 meg. Who is being stingy? LOL

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Shop data plans around, you really need about 2 GB per user for a mobile device.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Due to all of the above issues articulated so well by our members, I will be terminating my Verizon Android phone and returning to my flip phone. Just too much trouble and too much money.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
my flip phone. Just too much trouble and too much money.
Ditto Rick. I hate (dislike) cell phones, especially the so called smart ones. I have a flip phone that is off more than on. Admiral insists that I have one when on the boat so that we can stay in touch, since I'm solo most of the time.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
I get ribbed a lot about my flip phone. Why? It's small, doesn't break, and only costs $25 every three months for 250 minutes. I have almost 800 minutes left on it. I could never talk that much. But, I can also take pictures, access the web, set an alarm and a whole bunch of other stuff I'll never use. All for a Benjamin a year. And, I won't get run over for not watching where I'm going.