Cabin Table

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
I wanted to do something about that table , since I bought the boat.......

Now we have a dance floor , now we are able to have access to that lazaret and close that port hole without falling over ..........etc .

paulj
:hook2:

Attachments

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
When we had our H356 I always thought that dinette needed a rework. It may be a reflection on my physique but I could barely slide in there so the table blocked access to all the storage on the starboard side. It wasn't comfortable to sit there. With the table down we had better access but I couldn't sleep there because it was too short. I wasn't clever enough to come up with something like this but wish I had. Nice job.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
On the h320 our table slides up and down on the compression post, so we lifted it up all the way to the cabin ceiling and drilled a new hole for the pin and now it seats above our head leaving the cabin floor clear of obstructions. We did it years ago and have made offshore passages in all kinds of weather and it just seats up there like nothing. As far as looks I don't even notice it anymore. Repositioning can be done by one person but it is so much easier with two.

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Cool arrangement and customization. Where did you find the mounting hardware / swivel leg thing? Also, can you lock this all in place or secure it so it doesn't swing around when sailing. I could see a 30 pound table acting like an over-sized lawnmower in your saloon! :doh:

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Cool Idea, can't wait for episode #2

May 11, 2014
Catalina 310 Lake Texoma
Nice job Paul!

Your photo's and YouTube posts about the new table and it's benefits are very well done. Thanks for sharing the information.

I'm curious about what appear to be modifications to the under seat storage space that show in one of the photos you posted. Did you modify the tops to the storage space? I've thought previously that these boards were redundant, (given the board on the back of the cushion), and that eliminating them might save a step when working to access something under the seat(s). Can you share what you've done and why?

Thanks again for sharing your project(s).

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Todd, not sure what you are referring too? My setup looks just like Paul's, and I do not have a board on the back of the cushion. Perhaps your PO did some mods on your setup, and maybe yours is better than original!

Cheers

Jun 28, 2012
Catalina 310 Magothy River, MD
PaulJ, doesn't the end of the long dinette table get wobbly (can't put any pressure on it) since the new brace(swivel) is only at the one end? Otherwise it is really nice and frees up the cabin area in the Catalina 310. Leah & Ted

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
The heavy object that was place on the end of the table, opposite of bracket end,was a 5 gal jug full of water.....nothing happened....well yes something did happen, the table supported the load and no bouncing.
I am not sure if you could have sex on the table.
The table does not wobble if you offset the centerline of bracket and table centerline line...about 6 inches...took me a few minutes to figure that out....I think maybe it was an hour.
If you put center to center, the table will wobble, very easy, like trying to balance something.

Installing this bracket has really opened up the area is an understatement.

paulj :hook2: