cabin table support

Apr 23, 2018
Hunter 260 Miami
Can someone please tell me how to remove the cabin table support from a Hunter 260? We would like to be able to lower the table to accommodate a sleeping berth but must remove the existing table support. We also plan to cut the table and make it smaller to allow for more space. We are new Hunter owners and new to the sailing community.
thank you.

Feb 27, 2004
Hunter 335 North East, MD
Not familiar with the 260, but most cabin tables that are meant to be lowered to make an additional berth usually have an adjustment lever on the base of the table (mine does)- shoot us a picture and maybe we can noodle it out

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
If you do a forum search on “260 table” you will get several great ideas to how to make the table on the 260 to drop and become additional sleeping space. Some even go into detail on how to remove the “cone”. The long and short version though is you have two options.
1 - cut the cone off and destroy it in the process or
2 - remove the mast support from the topside and slide the pole out of the table.
A site search will give you info on whichever approach you choose to take.
Congratulations on the new boat - you will enjoy her! And welcome to the forums.

The ability to drop the table has been on my list of desirable options but still haven’t gotten around to it. Some of the recent versions of this modification look really good.