C309 non-skid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2004
Catalina 309 Ottawa
I have a love/hate relationship with the non-skid on my deck. I love the fact that it works and I have never slipped while on deck. I hate the fact that it is so difficult to thoroughly clean. Even with a power washer or a scrub brush, I can't clean off some of the deeply imbedded black specks (spider poop). Does anyone have a solution for cleaning and then keeping the non-skid surfaces clean?

Gary
C309 Glory Days

Rick C

Jun 11, 2011
Catalina 309 Toronto
Marine Spray Nine works very well on the spider specks we have in our Toronto marina. Just spray it on; let it soak for 30 seconds and the specks come off easily with a soft-bristled brush.

Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
I like the Starbrite non-skid cleaner. Regular use seems to be effective. In our marina, the biggest stain problem is with birds in the spring. If there's a spot that the Starbrite doesn't remove (seldom), I'll just spray a little bleach solution on the stain. I mix it up at about 3 parts water, one part bleach in a spray bottle. I let that sit on the stain for about five minutes or so and rinse it off.

Regarding the Starbrite cleaner, I use it everywhere on the deck. I transfer it from the bottle it comes in to a spray bottle that I hang on my belt with a cord. I just spray the long handled boat brush with it and get to work. Keeps me from having to screw around with a bucket on the deck. Hose it off every five minutes as I work my way from bow to stern. Nice clean 309!

Status
Not open for further replies.