C22 Recent Purchase

Apr 22, 2017
CATALINA 22 Rutland Water
Hi,
First time on this forum as I can only just call myself a "sailboat owner". Can anyone tell me how to identify the year/model etc. on my C22.
Thanks

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Since you are in the UK, I assume your boat is a "Jaguar" ?

If so, the hull identification number, and the info you can get from it, may not be the same, or the same location as the US built C22s.

The Hull ID number on the US built C22, is engraved, in a barely visible & childlike manner on the Right (starboard), side of the transom (rear/stern) of the boat.
There is also a plate at the rear of the cockpit which has just the basic info.

There are a bunch of threads here that explain decoding the info, but a recent concise version, can be found here: https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/sail-number.181808/#post-1330522

(In that thread, Don posted a detailed breakdown of what the numbers mean. There are also some photos of the engraved info to help you find the one on your boat)

Welcome to the "club" ! Where's the photos or your "new" boat ??!!

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
Welcome! post some pics, pre-86 have scuppers forward, anodized alum window (port) trim, different layout down below...others will chime in...look at Cloud Diver's, Jacktar, Capt Don, Gene Neill, Leward rail and others extensive threads....that'll give you and education in a hurry! Wealth of knowledge here...UK versions are somewhat different IIRC...

Ron

Apr 22, 2017
CATALINA 22 Rutland Water
All,
Many thanks for the advise and guidance. I'll have a look in a couple of weeks when I'm next down with the boat and will also post some photos then.