C&C 35 - convert the dinette to a berth

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
I've never done this on a C&C35 but a lot of the C&C from that era you just lift up on the table. It usually just takes some wiggling and twisting. If it looks like the one below, just lift, twist and wiggle

Feb 11, 2017
former Tartan 30 New London, CT area
If it's been there a while, the post has probably become one with the floor or the table. Foo-foo juice and time might get them loose. As I recall, my post had become one with the floor - I unbolted the base from the floor (not easy access), took it home, and took the torch to it - it came loose. Hardware is standard RV stuff and still available when I was looking.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@Bathsheba One of the ways to get an answer to your problem is to post a picture of the issue. Table top and under table. There are a number of different table configurations yet they are done on many different brands of boats. On my boat I lift the table and then remove 2 posts. The long posts go into the cabin closet and the short posts are installed in the bases. The table is then set down on the posts and the table is now at the bed height. On my friends Catalina the table is passed down after the lock is released and the post callapses to shorten the table to bed height.

A picture may help.