C-310 Diagram

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
I've been going through Amazing Grace making a diagram of the location of various equipment. I thought others might like to have it as a start on where things are in their boats.

I'd be most appreciative if 310 owners would chime in on things I've missed so I can update the diagram. In particular:
- Seacocks. I know I'm missing the seacock for the air conditioner inlet. I've been unable to trace the hose back to it from the filter.
- Other through hulls.
- The fuel cut off switch which is supposed to be somewhere near the fuel tank. If anyone has a photo, please post it.

In the future, as time permits, I'm going to attempt to make another diagram with plumbing lines and then one with electrical wiring. I find the drawings in the owners manual to be lacking. I should live so long. Don't hold your breath!
---------------
I've posted the most recent update, v6, here so you don't need to go searching through the thread (v6 locates the air conditioner water pump)

Attachments

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Nice Drawing, Thanks for your work!

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Nice work!! As far as other folks being able to use your diagram, I'm sure you have seen on the forum the discussion around the location of the Shower / Refrigerator Drain Y-Valve. I have hull #48 and it is located under the galley sink, not under the head sink (and I don't have A/C). What program did you use to draw it out? If it is something other might have and you shared that datafile, others could modify it to reflect their individual layouts.

Jun 30, 2010
Catalina 310 Bristol RI
Great Diagram, thanks.

The Fuel shut off is located on top of the fuel tank. There are actually 2, one for the return line. The shutoff is hard to get to, so some owners on this forum have installed a shut off just before the filter. It's on my future to do list.

KZW

May 17, 2014
I made the diagram in MS Word. This forum won't let me upload it. If anyone wants the MS Word file so they can customize the diagram for their boats, send me an e-mail and I will send it to you.

I'm still looking for the air-conditioner water inlet seacock. If anyone can give me a clue, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers!

KZW

May 17, 2014
Great Diagram, thanks.

The Fuel shut off is located on top of the fuel tank. There are actually 2, one for the return line. The shutoff is hard to get to, so some owners on this forum have installed a shut off just before the filter. It's on my future to do list.
Thanks!!! I shall take another look this weekend. This is my first keel boat, stepping up (very big step) from a Hunter 18. I've had Amazing Grace for a month and am still looking at the systems, manual in hand, trying to figure out where everything goes and how it all works. It is a real eduction. She sure is comfortable under sail!!!!

Cheers

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
I've been going through Amazing Grace making a diagram of the location of various equipment. I thought others might like to have it as a start on where things are in their boats.

I'd be most appreciative if 310 owners would chime in on things I've missed so I can update the diagram. In particular:
- Seacocks. I know I'm missing the seacock for the air conditioner inlet. I've been unable to trace the hose back to it from the filter.
- Other through hulls.
- The fuel cut off switch which is supposed to be somewhere near the fuel tank. If anyone has a photo, please post it.

In the future, as time permits, I'm going to attempt to make another diagram with plumbing lines and then one with electrical wiring. I find the drawings in the owners manual to be lacking. I should live so long. Don't hold your breath!

Excellent drawing. Wish I had it when first bought boat. I too installed
fuel shut off valve just before filter near raw water intake filter. Great
help when changing fuel filter.

Clyde Thorington
C310 #245
ILEAN TOO
San Jose,CA

pk104

Jun 30, 2009
Catalina 310 Atwood Lake
The inlet for the air conditioner on my boat is in the bilge all the way forward and on the right. Not the easiest place for maintaining it.

Mar 22, 2009
Catalina 310 Gulfport Small Craft Harbor, MS
On Polaris the A/C is in the rear port compartment next to the manual bilge pump bellows. The inlet and strainer is right next to the engine raw water strainer. 12K BTU seems just barely big enough to keep the cabin cool on hot days. If this A/C dies may upgrade to 16K BTU...if it will fit and use current connections.

Any my shower/frig sump pump, Y-valve and outlet is under the galley sink.

Apparently there are several variations of the 310. I am hull #178.

Cheers,
Jim

KZW

May 17, 2014
Thanks for the replies. There appears to be considerable variation in where the A/C inlet is located!!!

KZW

May 17, 2014
The inlet for the air conditioner on my boat is in the bilge all the way forward and on the right. Not the easiest place for maintaining it.
Just out of curiosity, what sail number?

It seems in older 310s the pick up is in the stern. I have sail number 307, one of the last 310s built.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa

- Other through hulls.

Misty Blue Yonder has an excellent diagram of thru hulls and an explanation.

I have one of these lists but not as complete.

It is amazing how much information one has to remember about the operation

of their boat.

http://www.sanjuansailing.com/chart...er/content/misty_blue_yonder_owners_notes.pdf

paulj :troll:

Apr 11, 2012
Cataina 400 MK II Santa Cruz
Kudos on the fine diagram.

It's great to see that you are taking the time to get to know all the systems of your boat. An example of fine seamanship.

:clap:

pk104

Jun 30, 2009
Catalina 310 Atwood Lake
I just looked at the drawing and there is a big difference with the AC unit. Mine is installed in the port cockpit locker, the fresh water outlet is just below it, the condensation drain goes to the bilge, the fresh water pump and inlet is in the bilge, the controls are installed in the main cabin beside the cabinet with the door. There is one vent above that cabinet and another on the port side of the forward cabin.

I would think the AC unit installed under the bed would be loud and annoying while sleeping. There is a large empty space in front of the water tank on my boat.

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
I just looked at the drawing and there is a big difference with the AC unit. Mine is installed in the port cockpit locker, the fresh water outlet is just below it, the condensation drain goes to the bilge, the fresh water pump and inlet is in the bilge, the controls are installed in the main cabin beside the cabinet with the door. There is one vent above that cabinet and another on the port side of the forward cabin.

I would think the AC unit installed under the bed would be loud and annoying while sleeping. There is a large empty space in front of the water tank on my boat.
AC units and typically battery chargers and electronics are not factory installed. These items would likely have been installed by the dealer who commissioned the boat or they were added after by the owner of the boat. So you won't have any uniformity in how they were installed in a given boat model.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
More Stuff

1. Fuel tank vent - stern starboard
2. Macerator located right below the holding tank, dedicated through hull in the same places as on the diagram
3. Autopilot computer right below nav table (where I chose to put it)
4. Fluxgate compass on bulkhead just aft of rear bunk on centerline (i had interference under my sink :bang:

Very nice job on the diagram.

:theman:

KZW

May 17, 2014
A friend stopped by and we did more crawling around on the boat this PM. He pointed out the following:
- A/C inlet seacock
- Fuel cutoff on top of the feed line on top of the tank. I just didn't know what I was looking at! It is so difficult to reach as to be useless. I cannot imagine trying to crawl back there to shut down the engine if the decompression valve gets stuck.
- Fuel vent line

Updated diagram attached.

I appear to have water in the fuel tank. There is a line of water in the bottom of the Racor filter. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit back there to gain access to the tank to stick a tube down to the bottom of the tank and pump it out! The fuel gauge sender bolts are to the far starboard, away from the access port through the stern berth, and going to be very difficult to reach. I might be able to pull the fuel feed back line fitting if I can get the tube off the fitting. Then I need to find hose to step down on my manual siphon pump so I can get it into the tank.

Attachments

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
My ac seacock is in the vberth under the bottom starboard drawer. Right next to the paddlewheel for the knotmeter.
Hull #1
Bob