BVI Cruising Guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve

My wife and I are chartering in the BVI's for the first time this December. Is there a good guide available to make sure we don't miss the best anchorages, restaurants, nightlife, etc.?

P

Paul Akers

Best I found...

...and used by the charter companies is Scott's Cruising Guide to the Virgin Islands. Very detail and just what you need. See this link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0944428525/qid=999182712/sr=1-3/ref=sc_b_3/002-9456737-7013629

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Can also be found

in the chandlery of this site - just click the chandlery tab at the top then click books.

B

Bob O'Brien

Virgin Anchorages

I have also found the book "Virgin Anchorages" to be very helpful. The book contains beautiful pictures of many of the popular BVI and USVI anchorages taken from the air, as well as helpful advice for entering into the anchorages. I would use this book as a companion to either the Scott or Doyle? (I don't remember who wrote the other major BVI cruising guide, but I have used them both and they are both good) cruising guides for both planning your trip and navigating once you are down there. I know I have had Virgin Anchorages up in the cockpit with me entering anchorages several times - I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.