Buying a new 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2004
Hunter MH 37 Manitowoc, WI
She floats!!!!

Launching day dawned early morning on Thursday. We arrived at the boatyard around 8 AM. The boat was picked up by the trailer and moved across to the launching slip. They picked her up and dropped her in, checked for leaks and fired up the diesel with no problems. One step closer!

Attachments

May 10, 2004
Sea Trial scheduled for this weekend.

Looks like sea trials this weekend. Scheduled for Friday.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
They'll be busy next few days, putting up the arch, mast, rigging etc. Lots of work to do, but can be done. Have fun.... :D

May 10, 2004
Clean Sweep on sea trials

Sailed the Patronus for the first time today. Day started with a rainbow over the house. Weather was sunny, west winds of 10-20 mph. Compared to the 26, the new boat feels easier to sail. All major components worked well, boat handled the breeze and gusts just fine. Saw a best of 7.2 on the knotmeter. Very small laundary list of things to tweak. Biggest issue is the lack of cushions.

May 10, 2004
A little longer wait

Dealer called today and said cushions will not arrive until next Tuesday. Delivery will slip a week. Bummer.

Sep 20, 2006
Are they holding up the boat just for the cushions? Can you take the boat and get the cushions later? I'd just put some pillow or cushions from a couch until the new ones arrive.

May 10, 2004
Our choice

Are they holding up the boat just for the cushions? Can you take the boat and get the cushions later? I'd just put some pillow or cushions from a couch until the new ones arrive.
It's our choice to wait. We didn't want to have sail the boat up with an overnight stop with no cushions to sleep on. The other issue, I would have to drive down to Racine to get the cushions and bring them home in the back of my pickup.Besides the fact that its a 240 mile round trip (@ $4 a gallon). It just made sense to wait.

Sep 20, 2006
Well, that makes sense. :D I was thinking you were keeping the boat in Racine. You must be keepin the boat up near Sturgeon Bay.

May 10, 2004
Manitowoc Actually

Well, that makes sense. :D I was thinking you were keeping the boat in Racine. You must be keepin the boat up near Sturgeon Bay.
Our homeport is Manitowoc. They have a great Marina here and its only a 10 minute drive form the house.
Looks like we'll be bringing her home on Thursday.

May 10, 2004
Patronus is officially ours.

We signed the closing paperwork yesterday and with the exception of cushions, the boat is ours. Started moving stuff aboard. If anyone has good storage ideas, I'm open to suggestions. The galley cabinets fill up quick and where do you put pots and pan?

The weather on Lake Michigan this weekend is horrendous, so the sail home to our marina is scheduled for Thursday. Looks like the lake will have calmed down by then, but we will probably have to deal with an upwind sail. That's oK, cause we'll get plenty of tacking and trimming practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.