Buying a hunter 41ac

Feb 24, 2017
Hunter 41 ac Melb
I'm thinking of purchasing a h41 ac
I'm in Australia and plan to go into the pacific.
A lot of people have a lot of negative things to say about hunters. Are they as bad as people say. Hunter owners love them and generally don't have many negative things to say.

Would appreciate any comment from people with a lot of sea miles on hunter yachts.

Thanks

Nov 19, 2009
Hunter 45CC Ft Pierce and Abaco Bahamas
I have had a Hunter 42CC and now own a Hunter 45CC and I love the Hunter line. Don't believe what you hear from people that don't own them. They have the "mine is better than yours" frame of mind.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
I'm pretty happy with my 41ac. I've had it four seasons now and it's been a wonderful cruising and weekending boat. We have been up and down the East Coast from New York Harbor to Hilton Head Island SC a few times. The best sailing was straight through out in the ocean past Cape Hatteras NC which forces you to be weather conscience. We made 785nm in 3 days and 16 hours. It was a great ride even in 12 foot swells.

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
We have had ours since 2009. Great boat, built well, and very easy single hander. No real issues....just regular maintenance.
They only way I would ever upgrade would be a 57 footer with a dingy garage. I hate managing the dingy!!!!!!