Bungee cord for the Swing Keel on the 170???

Sep 5, 2018
Hunter 170 Northfield, NJ
Pretty sure I saw some where there is a bungee cord used on the swing keep to keep it down but allow it to swing. My 170 does not have any bungee cord, it doe seem to have places to put it.

I could not find any pictures online, but did see on the 18 it appears they have something run from a loop infront of the keel back around a loop behind the keel and then to the bail on the keel.

There is no indication of a bungee cord here on the parts lists for the 170 or 18.

So can some one clue me in what it looks like and how it is attached on the 170?

Thanks!

Apr 16, 2017
Federation NCC-1701 Riverside
Pretty sure I saw some where there is a bungee cord used on the swing keep to keep it down but allow it to swing. My 170 does not have any bungee cord, it doe seem to have places to put it.

I could not find any pictures online, but did see on the 18 it appears they have something run from a loop infront of the keel back around a loop behind the keel and then to the bail on the keel.

There is no indication of a bungee cord here on the parts lists for the 170 or 18.

So can some one clue me in what it looks like and how it is attached on the 170?

Thanks!
Its about 15 inches of heavy duty bungee cord (blue) with stainless steel snap clips on both sides. Both snap clips are attached with eyes made by "hog tie" rings.

They are a pain and kinda dangerous when they get old.

Mine snapped as i was docking and pulled the centerboard up. Begs the question, will it hold on a turtle?

Sep 5, 2018
Hunter 170 Northfield, NJ
Of course the magic question where to find something that works?
I have talked to the owners of this website and they do not have a replacement available at this time. At least now I have some idea of what to look for.

Apr 16, 2017
Federation NCC-1701 Riverside
Just google adjustable bungee cord. It only job is to keep the centerboard down in a turtle. You could use any line with a tautline hitch, but you want flexibilty to hit bottom without trashing the centerboard boat. Me... id rather trash boat in 3 feet of water then bee 5 miles offshore turtled with no way of grabbing centerboard.