Bumper boats in the Bay

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Due to shortened daylight, the WYC Wednesday evening series is moved up 1/2 an hour, and into Wayzata bay. Chaos reigns as 110 boats battle in an area 1/4 the size of our normal track.

The owner of Karma Yachts of Chicago was in town delivering a yacht, and asked if he and his two darling girls (both great pram sailors) could come along for a ride. We only took 3rd but the fun factor was off the charts!

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Priceless! Those girls look like they were raised on a boat. That top photo oughtta be posted in the favorite sailing pics thread.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looks like great fun.
When you said "Bumper Boats" I flashed back to teaching Navy Sailors in Alameda to sail our small fleet of El Toro's. That was "bumper boat" sailing. 4 or 5 of them would come off one of the ships and tell me they were sailors... We go over a few ground rules and let them loose inside the break water. 10 minutes later I'd be in the skiff rescuing "sailors" out of the water and retrieving sail boats that were heading to San Francisco with or without their sailor.
Your crew look so at ease, they could challenge and put the "sailors" to shame.

Nov 8, 2010
Beyond the girls being good dinghy sailors, they are also used to bigger boats. Their dad owns and races KARMA, the winner of the 36.7 fleet in the Chi-Mac race this year. And everyone on BlueJ also sails on 36.7 Kestrel, Lake Superior Mid-distance champion. BlueJ is also rigged exactly like Kestrel, so they felt totally at home. And it showed. They're cute little trinkets.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
..."only took third" You are SO spoiled! :poke:

Nov 8, 2010
..."only took third" You are SO spoiled! :poke:
LOL - the girls were SURE that we had 1st or 2nd corrected! Guess their T-O-T calculations are a bit underdeveloped yet! ;^)