Broken Mast

Feb 16, 2017
Does anyone have or know of someone who has a piece of Mast section for the 22 or the Capri 25.
I need a 5' piece.

Dave
301-906-4566

Jul 28, 2016
Not 100% certain of this, but I think the mast on the CAPRI 22 is the same as the Catalina 22? I saw a Catalina 22 mast listed for sale on Ebay the other day.

Feb 16, 2017
delling3 said:
Not 100% certain of this, but I think the mast on the CAPRI 22 is the same as the Catalina 22? I saw a Catalina 22 mast listed for sale on Ebay the other day.

That you did. Thank you for the heads up!
If it's still available I think I have found my missing piece.....

Dave

Dec 30, 2017
Catalina Capri 22 Sarasota Sailing Squadron
Dave,
I just acquired a 1985 Capri 22 that was damaged in hurricane Irma. The mast broke at the spreaders and I am looking to either replace it with a gently used one or sleeve it, but I'm having a hard time finding a used Capri 22 mast. Were you able to use the Catalina 22 mast to sleeve your broken mast?

Steve

Oct 11, 2017
Catalina Capri 22 259 Washington DC
Steve,

Not sure I would splice at the spreaders.
I would like to take the opportunity and liberty to add a few other concerns.
•it is not as easy as I thought it would be
•with the mast tearing at the spreaders I am sure you will need to remove a portion of the original mast, most likely a foot or more.
•because the boom is so close to the deck you can’t afford to be short of a 28.0’ over all length.
•right now the supply of old rigs is in short supply due to the hurricanes recently.

Yes, I found a Cat 22 rig to modify my original rig.
I am making all mods are at the bottom of the spar.
The way it is looking now is I am needing to do both internal sleeve and external doublers.
The wall thickness is so thin I just don’t trust it. Feel free to call me I’ll send you a PM.