Bounding Home. Just one more week until launch

May 4, 2015
Scott,

I notice you have the same companionway only dodger combing as I have on Wind Song, some of the Caravelle's have it across the full breadth of the cabin top. Wind Song had a full width dodger, that was the full breadth, it was old and blew out on the delivery voyage. I am thinking this winter to modify the SS supports so it is is only around the companionway like on Bounding Home. How do you like this arrangement, do you miss having something to take shelter you from wind, spray and rain on some days? I do like the classic look of the smaller dodger.

thanks

lloyd

SKraft

Oct 15, 2010
I too love the classic baby-carriage dodger look. Since we decided to keep Bounding Home as traditional as possible, we live with it! There was a bolt-rope groove cut into the small coming and I had a new stainless frame built with lockable hinges so it can be collapsed easily and also affords a great, strong hand-hold. But as for protection from the elements, I stick with Musto and a hat!

JayZ

Dec 4, 2007
Hodgdon Bros. Alden Caravelle Seabrook, Texas
Scott, you are a good steward of Bounding Home.

May 4, 2015
Scott, thanks, I also have a boltrope grove cut in mine, and am trying to keep Wind Song as orrig as possible.

May 4, 2015
Scott,

I am thinking I might be able to get the baby-carriage dodger in the budget this winter. I will be removing my full length dodger frame, as the dodge blew out anyway on the delivery trip south last spring. I understand you have a locking arrangement, with a grab rail on the aft side, exactly what I am looking for! Do you have any pictures of the SS frame and other details that would allow me to have someone replicate this arrangement?

Best Regards

Lloyd

May 4, 2015
Scott,

Your steering standing looks identical to mine, I notice you have installed a pedestal guard in front of it, something i want to do. The plate that connects the guard to the pedestal, called a top plate I believe, did you get this from Edson?

BR

Lloyd