Bottom paint

Jul 6, 2010
Catalina 30 Bainbridge Island, WA
Looking for suggestions on brand/type of bottom paint for Catalins 30. Will one gallon be enough. I’m located in the Seattle area.
Thank, Tom

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
The paint can will tell you the coverage. I have a 30 foot boat and it takes 2 gallons.

Jan 21, 2018
Catalina 30 1620 Orange Beach, AL
Just completed by bottom job on a Catalina 30 using Sea Hawk AF-33 Antifouling paint. It took 2 gallons, cans were empty when finished. I hope this helps somebody.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Looking for suggestions on brand/type of bottom paint for Catalins 30. Will one gallon be enough. I’m located in the Seattle area.
Thank, Tom
The brand/type will depend on your local conditions and use. Talk to other sailors and the yard. Two gallons for a thirty footer should be about right giving you two coats and three at the waterline.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
There is a ton of info that has been written on this subject (and a lot by me), so please search the topics in the database. I for one am not going to answer this question everytime some one asks when the answers are all ready out ther.

Jan 21, 2018
Catalina 30 1620 Orange Beach, AL
Tom, remember that a Barnacle will attach itself to any thing that will let it. That's why every once in a while we need to scrape our bottoms to rid ourselves of them. Just scrape it off.