boom goose neck

morich

Aug 21, 2013
Hunter 31 Patchogue
Hi all;
This is a bit embarrassing but I need to ask.
Can anyone help me with the "proper" way to remove the boom from the mast on a 1985 H31?
Last year I went through all kinds of trouble. I Have the Dayle sails Stack Pack which seems to be attached to the main sail. If I recorded what I went through to get the boom off I'm sure it would have made it to america's funniest home videos. Getting it back on in the spring was just as much fun.
Ther are two plastic half moon disks and it appears I have to tilt the boom all the way up and to the side to get the bottom one off and then down to get the top one out. Is this the correct way?
Boy, do I miss the good old days with clvis pins and o-rings. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
You will need to remove the sail first (I figure that you figured that one out).

The you may want to disconnect the main sheet connection. The boom needs to be lifted to be nearly parallel to the mast and then it can be removed. There are a couple of clips in the boom/goose neck that may need to be replaced.

There is probably something that I missed but this will get you closer to removing it.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Be real careful removing it, when you remove the metal C clips, the plastic inserts like to pop out and fly overboard. I know this from experience. Had to go diving to retrieve one.

Mar 31, 2017
Hunter 31 31 Lake George ny
Where would you get those two small disks and clip. I have seem to lost mine..