Bomar hatch lens part number...

Feb 6, 2008
Hunter 41 Punta Gorda
I need to replace the lens in my Bomar hatches in the saloon and forward cabin. Pompanette will not garantee the lens without the number of the hatch. The sticker that was between the hinges is long gone. This is a 2004 h41. I know other models and later models could have different hatches. The contact at Pompanette was very reluctant to even talk to me without the numbers. Thanks for any help.

Butch

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I need to replace the lens in my Bomar hatches in the saloon and forward cabin. Pompanette will not garantee the lens without the number of the hatch. The sticker that was between the hinges is long gone. This is a 2004 h41. I know other models and later models could have different hatches. The contact at Pompanette was very reluctant to even talk to me without the numbers. Thanks for any help.

Butch
Hi Butch, not sure, but maybe this link will help here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bomar-repl...ne-Lumar-Taylor-Made-/301184368783?rmvSB=true

Dec 5, 2015
Oday 272LE Louisville, KY
Hi Butch! You can save a fortune by tracing the outline of your hatch lens on thin paper and taking the outline to a local acrylics and plastic shop to have them cut for you. I was able to replace mine for about $20.00.

Feb 6, 2008
Hunter 41 Punta Gorda
Terry,

The lens you pointed me to was only 1/4" mine are all 3/8 (heavy duty). However, I called the person that posted the lens and he cuts them. He had 3/8 smoke on hand, cut it to my measurements and had it on the UPS truck that evening. They arrived today. Here is his contacts: 954 568 2002 www.yachtwindows.com. He gave me permission to post the information.

I tried to find a plastics shop that could get 3/8 Acrylic and cut it to my dimensions. No luck. Any one that would work on it said three to five weeks. This was less than 48 hours. Now I must confess he is on the east coast and I am on the west coast of Florida. Price was less than any other place I found.