Boat show employment

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Kermit you old greenie frog. Stay safe and I pray you will not be flooded out by the storm. If power does not go off you will need to post your scientific reasons why it did not go out.

Hopefully if he survives I will try to get him to come. I too am looking at flooding in the mountains from this storm but if water ever reached my home it would be the end of the world.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Build an ark... pick up two frogs. pray.

Wait... may only need one.
West African frogs have been known to spontaneously change sex from female to male.[2]

Last edited:

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
far better to be drinking a dark n stormy or pimms cup on the 2nd floor deck, watching the show be put up or taken down. it is quite a sight, and makes me NEVER want to work there. for a good place to work, contact good old boat , as they often ask for volunteers to man their booth. and their mag is very cool....

Sep 10, 2012
Hunter 450 Gulfport, Florida
Oh Joe. We’re old not dead. Besides. There are rules about age discrimination.
And we add flare. Haven’t you heard the story “The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.“:biggrin:
Rules about age discrimination are the least enforced and the hardest to prove, they actually are more like a suggestion.

Oct 22, 2014
“Hardest to prove”. What you have to prove stuff? That sounds evil. I thought all you needed to do was scream and shout... They Don’t like me because I am old...

Now that is a real downer.

Well I’m going to the boat show anyway.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Actually, they screen for the Angry Grandpa personality type in favor of the Happy Grandpa type. Leathery skin, a twinkling eye and big smile will get you bonus points! A tattered Mt.Gay cap is bona fide gold! Boat Show is a team effort, only the boat dealers get a pass for being prickly and condescending...but they are paying customers, so.

Oct 22, 2014
The boat show. Will go on.
  1. Les and John's Excellent Adventure ...
or
  1. "Mission from God"...