Boat Owners that have a MacGregor 25 Sailboat now!

Mar 10, 2019
MacGregor 25 25 Aqualand Marina
Preferably on Lake Lanier in Georgia. I might want to look at it & take some measurements.
I need to replace a couple of wooden parts on a 1986 Macgregor Sailboat.
I was told I had the last one on the Lake. I wondered about that statement.
I'm searching for a Trailer also..............................
Capt. Black

Mar 10, 2019
I sent him a private message yesterday.
I'm hoping he will respond.....................

Mar 10, 2019
1986 MacGregor 25’ Sailboat!
The measurements for the two wooden tracks that the pop top slide thru. Both of mine have deteriorated & broken in half. I want to make two more. Length, width & height. I can finesse the finished product.

shine

Sep 14, 2009
Macgregor 1985 25 ft. Macgregor swingkeel Mo
I have a 86 Mac 25. I've had it a little over a year. I just replaced my rails with aluminum and HDPE because the wood and the pop top warped and swayed which made it hard to open. Now its like butter. I attached a drawing showing the measurements of the old piece. I don't know if this is OEM, but based the on the rest of the boat I think it is. If you go the wood route I would recommend making everything a little bigger to give you more room. Good Luck.

Attachments

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
I made new ones for my boat two years ago out of mahogany. Worked great.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I envision the easiest way to fab these is to start with one piece the length of the track but twice the width of one. i.e. wide enough to make two slides simultaneously. Be sure to account for the sawblade kerf (waste) when you measure for overall width. Then make a dado right down the center. Again twice the width of one slide's need. You are making two slides. Then rip the piece exactly down the center. If you measured correctly and accounted for the kerf of the cut, you should now have two slides. Round over the upper edges and you should be done.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Ipe is a "newer" type of exterior grade wood that is used in high end outdoor furniture

Mar 10, 2019
Thank You for the information!
I want to first use some wood around the house to see how it come out before I use the finished piece of wood.

Mar 10, 2019
From some research I have done I decided to stay away from Ipe & look for some Reclaimed Cumaru or Mahogany.
I’m real big on using reclaimed wood.

Mar 10, 2019
1986 MacGregor 25 - Have anyone had an issue with their “Cockpit Drain”? It takes very little to stop mine up or slow it down considerably. While cleaning my Cockpit today I noticed it doesn’t take much to slow the draining down or stop it from draining completely. As I look closely at the drain it doesn’t appear to have screws in the cover.

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
It is basically a through hull fitting with a radiator type hose to another through hull out the back. It drains fast. You might have some debris in it. Take a wet vac and suck it out from the cockpit side. I had a water bottle cap block up mine once. I have heard of limes doing it too. Spilled drink!

Mar 10, 2019
It is basically a through hull fitting with a radiator type hose to another through hull out the back. It drains fast. You might have some debris in it. Take a wet vac and suck it out from the cockpit side. I had a water bottle cap block up mine once. I have heard of limes doing it too. Spilled drink!

Mar 10, 2019
I will try that..........
Were you able to remove the grate on top of the cockpit drain? Mine don’t seem to have screws thru it.