Boat Babe on Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Naahhh... no "deal" here. Just a whole lotta' hard work and determination. She's actually been under construction for 5 years, and just 36 hours ago, SV Senergy went into the water. Next week, I'm headed to Cape Town to sail her across to St. Augustine. View attachment 136174
What make of Cat is she?

Jul 30, 2004
- - st. augustine, fl
What you can't see is the top of the coach roof... 2kW of PV, including two Solar Stik Breezes. Internal electronics are pretty complex... each PV panel has it's own charge control to eliminate underperforming panels (i.e. shading) from the rest... Full Raymarine GS glass-panel control system, digital switching, triple transducers (each hull is monitored), and more. Steph even has a bathtub... with three ways to heat water (propane, engine, and electric).

Voyage got their reputation for building very austere vessels early on (Norseman designs), and they were perfect for long-term cruising because there was no "fluff" (wood paneling inside, brightwork topside, HomeDepot-grade systems, etc.) When I was a novice and building Empty Pocket, I was mentored by several cruisers that did some pretty amazing sailing in their own right. They instilled certain mindsets in me that remain today... "build a maintenance-free boat", and Empty Pocket was built in that spirit... Senergy is the fruition of that experience. There's been a lot of thought built into this one... it ain't for charter!

(And before someone else jumps on this... yes, state of the art lightning protection as well.) :pray:

20170504_042251 - Copy.jpg
20170504_042221 - Copy.jpg

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Ah ha , yeah noticed the Soar Stik on a previous photo.... I would expect no less. :D

Seriously, nice boat. And congrats to you and Steph. It's been great watching you build Solar Stik from the ground up and be successful. Of course, look forward to many more adventures and accompanying photo documentation. ;)

That boat looks like it has a LOT of room on board. Can I book my bunk space now???? :)

Jul 30, 2004
- - st. augustine, fl
Last post for a while... in Cape Town prepping Senergy for her trip across the pond. see you all on the other side!:dancing::dancing::dancing:
IMG_4757.JPG
IMG_4757.JPG
IMG_4702.JPG
IMG_4702.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.