Bimini height

gbrian

Apr 24, 2016
Macgregor 26s TRAILERABLE
I cannot raise my Bimini as it is higher than the top of the boom. Can someone supply me with the correct lenght of each bimini support?

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Mar 14, 2018
MacGreggor 26D Boise, Idaho
I've been eyeing Sumner's amazing Bimini (so has my wife... as virtually the ONLY thing she wants on the mac to make life tolerable for her).

But the manufacturer / sales link that Sumner has in their excellent write up is ... dead. Is there a vendor that has the 3 bow bimini with a track for sliding the mount vs a fixed position mount?

SailRite's setup for a 3 bow with 7/8" tube the solid strut and the pacific blue is .... $950!!! Which seems incredibly high. And that doesn't even include any rails or mounting necessary for the angled placement outside the lifelines on an '89 26D.

Other links I have found appear to be repair vendors for the canvas sold by the yard, etc etc. Then..... then there is Amazon. The prices are 1/2 even with searching for Sunbrella pacific blue. Reviews are notoriously ... suspect. Are those prices legit?

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The boom is pretty low on the Mac. We put a cringle in the mainsail to raise it some when we used the bimini. Otherwise the bimini has to be cut too low.

Mar 14, 2018
MacGreggor 26D Boise, Idaho
Thanks for the amazing fast response. I just got my boat from storage (parent's driveway) so that I and the kids can start work on some projects. I'll check how much head room the mainsail has and if possible, try Sumner's gooseneck lift.
I don't expect to get standing room, so if sitting is comfortable and movign around is possible, then that is the goal. I'd go for a short length bimini since I know we will have to stand to get from cockpit down the companion stairs. Or do some serious gyrations and belly crawling that the Admiral has no interest in doing.