bilge pump drain line

Jul 2, 2016
Hunter 26.5 Paris Landing TN
I have a 1989 Hunter Hunter 26.5. Its been a great boat but I had to change out the bilge pump the other day. During the process the drain line broke and isn't quite as long as I need it to be to ensure the pump sits on the bottom of the bilge. How difficult is it to replace the entire bilge pump line? I know it runs under my floor but I've never done this before and would like some more info from those more experienced before I get into a project that may be bigger than I had intended. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Have the exact same problem. Working on bilge pump a few weeks ago when it was 39 degrees. Snapped corrugated drain line. Plan to fix it with "Rescue Tape". Have had good luck with this product, have made a few repairs on drain lines that have worked well.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I had that corrugated plastic crap on my Hunter too. The first time I tested it manually, water came running down behind the settee. It had been torn behind the cabinets. I replaced my hose with smooth VAC Extra heavy duty/FDA hose. It's not very bendy so I had to do a little rerouting and use a 90 degree thru hull to get a loop.

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
Capt. Wayne Canning recommends replacing that brittle corrugated hose with smooth hose like that used for the head system. It's less fragile and smooth so less resistance to flow = more pump out capacity.

Jul 2, 2016
Hunter 26.5 Paris Landing TN
Here are some pics that I took today. Boat needs a good cleaning after the winter don't judge. The thru hull firing is plastic and the hose is that corrugated hose wire reinforced. I don't have any extra in the loop so I think it all needs replaced.
20180302_155824.jpg
20180302_155824.jpg
20180302_155710.jpg
20180302_155749.jpg

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I was talking with him when the photos were sent. As I suspected the bilge line ran between the floor sole and hull. He will get the hose from WM and I have suggested to tape a messenger line to the old hose to attach to a new hose to pull thru but suggested two folks. Hopefully he will, get me on the phone when doing this.
dave