Best Sailing Photo Of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2011
sail boat dock
Happiest Day is the day you Buy It !!!

Hard to compete with those sunset and art shots, but here's at it...

The day of the survey, Granville Island, Specialty Yachts, surveyor Paul Dupre looking at the hull
The admiral and g friends, taking the ''new'' boat home, first trip, hope she looks that happy forever
Dec gale, full on the tugboats , Squamish ocean front, former Nexen lands

p.s. love that sailboat name ''Attitude Adjustment'' , theres a thread right there, great boat names in pictures....

Attachments

Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
2010 Port Jeff (NY) Raft-up organized on the seafaring forum, taken just after sunrise on 8/15/10. I didn't take it, I was still down below waking up (and recovering) from the previous night.

this was one of favorite weekend trips of the year, I single handed this trip as my girlfriend was at a bachelorette party this weekend. I remembered how much fun it can be to sail by yourself when I managed to tweak the sails so she sailed herself with no tiller input for a little over 2 hours, staying perfectly on course.

Attachments

Aug 9, 2005
Hunter 260 Sarasota,FL
A couple pix from a cruise to Boca grande Fl last weekend. A 40 mile beam reach down and back in 10-15kts of wind. The last 3hrs of the run down were under the full moon. Temps reached 80 with lows in the 50's and not a cloud all weekend. Ideal trip to paradise.
Mike

Attachments

Last edited:
May 6, 2010
1984 Oday 39 79 Milwaukee
Couple of photos from last summer

First one is aboard the Denis Sullivan in Milwaukee. Second is a shot of the sun shining from behind a squall that has just passed.

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
A couple pix from a cruise to Boca grande Fl last weekend. Ideal trip to paradise.
Mike
My computer monitor just died, so I hooked up the 32 flat screen to the CPU. I looked back at all these 2010 pictures. Your picture with the boat framed by the driftwood is really good. Suitable for framing! If it was my boat, I'd use the picture for the desktop wallpaper.

Aug 9, 2005
Hunter 260 Sarasota,FL
Ron, Thanks and the hi-rez version is actually set as the background image on our big flat screen. All our guests notice it. The day was just as nice as the pic looks. March/April in SW Fl are perfection.

The other shot was easily done on our extended boat hook and the camera set on timer. you can really get some interesting angles of your boat or crew with a simple pole mounted point and shoot. I try to keep a small camera in the cockpit and just take pictures...which we always appreciate on long winter days as my memory fades.
Happy to share. Mike.

RECESS

Dec 20, 2003
Pearson 323 . St. Mary's Georgia
Sailing across St Joe bay to the tip of Cape San Blas

Anchored in Eagle Harbor at the state park at Cape San Blas.

Status
Not open for further replies.