Best Sailing Photo Of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

njsail

Feb 18, 2010
Bavaria Ocean 40 CC Forked River
Who says that you can't sail rails under with an Island Packet?
Ron - Love the pic - I owned an Island Packet 27 for several years and only managed to put the rail in the water once. I didn't think it was possible but with all sails up sailing in a lazy 9 kts of wind, tightly sheeted in...the wind picked up to around 30kts and gently pushed the rail into the water. I never felt worried and the boat handled it wonderful. I just headed up into the wind and waited for the wind to subside before reefing (just in case).

Apr 3, 2008
Nonsuch Ultra 30 Gulfport, FL
Ron - Love the pic - I owned an Island Packet 27 for several years and only managed to put the rail in the water once. I didn't think it was possible but with all sails up sailing in a lazy 9 kts of wind, tightly sheeted in...the wind picked up to around 30kts and gently pushed the rail into the water. I never felt worried and the boat handled it wonderful. I just headed up into the wind and waited for the wind to subside before reefing (just in case).
nj sail,

We were returning from the keys last year in March with 20+ winds with full sails. We kept it like this for the entire sail across Tampa Bay (3 hours). Probably should have reefed, but it was a real kick. I really like your boat.

Oct 8, 2008
MacGregor/Venture 25 Winthrop Harbor, IL Drummond Island,MI
Shakey night at the marina........don't know about best, but strange comes to mind;)

Attachments

Jul 31, 2009
None None None
I looked at every photo and it is difficult for me to understand how a sailing photo can be considered to be great without a bikini involved!

Dec 27, 2009
Clipper Mariner - Mac 25 -Bayliner and 4 kayaks 21 Clipper & 25 Macgregor & 19 Bayliner classic Red Rock Lake IA
I second the last comment. They can be OK, just not great!

Ctskip

Sep 21, 2005
other 12 wet water
My vote goes to soling42 for the great sailing picture (post 83).
Thats some quick thinking and great timing. Thanks

Keep it up,
Ctskip

Aug 9, 2005
Hunter 260 Sarasota,FL
CtSkip, I'm honored and would love to say it was captured on the first pass and that I'm some expert.......but, I saw bridge/full moon/boat outlined on the support as i sailed by and realized it was a unique moment. Two passes later I had it. It's a cell phone shot from my Droid X while I tacked and positioned the boat as quickly as possible while sailing solo.

Glad you liked the bridge shot(reposted below). Here's another one that I didn't take but it's our boat and not photo shopped. How about that pot of gold;)

Mike

Attachments

DJN51

Oct 26, 2009
Hunter 23.5 East Chicago In
Waiting for pix of Bill in his bikini !!!before voting on best.Or did I missunderstand?

Jun 9, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Bayfield, WI
Bill said a bikini is needed so here is my pick

I looked at every photo and it is difficult for me to understand how a sailing photo can be considered to be great without a bikini involved!
Ok, it's only half a bikini but perhaps it will suffice. This was taken in the BVI's a couple of years ago as we sailed from Virgin Gorda to Norman Island. The boat was a Beneteau 35. It was a fabulous day.

POTL

Attachments

Slade

Nov 24, 2010
Starwind 223 "Respite" Redwing, Mn
Note to self....Must cruise the Apostle Islands this summer with a weather eye out for a Hunter 40.5........

Sep 16, 2010
Still looking 26 to 30ish In my mind, for now
Here's one. If you're using Google's Chrome browser, this is a new spectacular, almost 3D picture to use as your theme. (For those who don't know, the theme is the picture you see when you open the browser, sort of like your desktop picture.) I have no connection with whoever did it, other than I think it's really cool. Full screen, it's even better.

I know the colors are photoshopped, but in my mind's eye that's what it should look like every day when you're sailing back to harbor. Thought other might enjoy it.

To install it, just Google "sailing boat theme! Chrome extension."

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.